coach baggage limit

OddRon

sorry I couldn't find the coach ticket post

we're getting the Cardiff coach tomorrow morning and between the two of us we have a big luggage bag, a gym bag, a double sleeping bag and a four man tent, will this be okay? we got told off by the end of the road coach last year and I'll be too tired and sensistive to be lambasted at 5am 

Doesn't sound like that much to me.

Two of us normally have 2 large backpacks, biggish tent (4/5 man), double sleeping bag, inflating mat, 2 compact folding trolleys and 2 small carry on bags. Never had any problems travelling with all that on national express.

Don't think they are so pleased when peeps turn up with a sack truck loaded full of cans. Space can be tight so may end-up with stuff on your lap if last on.

There is usually some people who are travelling light with friends driving their tent etc down so it balances out.

Edited by I am Jon

National Express sent me an email yesterday saying that baggage is actually going in s separate vehicle that will drive alongside the coach so, with that in mind it seems like they have made provisions for people coming 'fully loaded' and also, they would have some cheek to separate you from you belongings and then complain that you've brought too much.

seetickets sent this with the coach ticket - "PLEASE DO NOT BRING AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF LUGGAGE ON THE COACH - We would advise to bring one large bag/rucksack and one tent/sleeping bag per person, plus one piece of hand luggage. Trolleys or Wheelbarrows are not permitted. Remember there are lots of other passengers on the coach and we cannot be held responsible if your luggage will not fit on the coach."

Sounds fine to me.

I think with the See Coaches, people need to not bring trolleys etc as there just isn't the room.   One year I travelled by coach, people brought too much and they couldn't close the doors.   Ended up delaying departure by 1 hour and many rucksacks had to go on laps or in the coach walkway because some people had been a bit selfish.   

1 Tent & Sleeping Back, 1 Rucksack & 1 other bag per person seems reasonable.

Rucksack each with sleeping bag & pillow attached - can come on the coach
One big bag between two of us, with tent and booze inside & camping chairs strapped in over the top of it - will go downstairs

Can't see why anyone would need anymore than that

What time do people normally get to the coach departure stations prior to the coach departing? I know it says 15 mins prior on the ticket but just want to make sure if I'm there half an hour before that I'm not the last one on the coach. 

We're taking 2 large rucksacks, tent, 2 chairs, 2 sleeping bags, airbed & 2 carry on bags which is for the 2 of us. 

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

What time do people normally get to the coach departure stations prior to the coach departing? I know it says 15 mins prior on the ticket but just want to make sure if I'm there half an hour before that I'm not the last one on the coach. 

We're taking 2 large rucksacks, tent, 2 chairs, 2 sleeping bags, airbed & 2 carry on bags which is for the 2 of us. 

I'm aiming to get there 45 minutes before - however my travel to the coach park is around 40 minutes so going to take into account any unexpected road works (it's going to be 3.30am so shouldn't be too much traffic around london on a thursday).

19 minutes ago, OddRon said:

ah perfect, my coach is at 5.45 am so gonna get there for about 20 past, are the seetickets coaches a separate thing to national express ones because I've got the coach ticket package rather than general ticket and then  a booked coach

yeah the See coaches are coaches put on my Seetickets as part of packages for the festival, where tickets are normally given out on the coach ( if someone can confirm)  where as the National Express ones are just normal NE coaches, both drop off near gate A so no massive difference

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, dan05delaney said:

yeah the See coaches are coaches put on my Seetickets as part of packages for the festival, where tickets are normally given out on the coach ( if someone can confirm)  where as the National Express ones are just normal NE coaches, both drop off near gate A so no massive difference

Yes - the driver hands you your ticket on See Ticket coaches. They are supposed to do it half way down on their break (I think) but sometimes you get it just before they set off. Depends on how arsed the driver is by "rules". 

23 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Yes - the driver hands you your ticket on See Ticket coaches. They are supposed to do it half way down on their break (I think) but sometimes you get it just before they set off. Depends on how arsed the driver is by "rules". 

I tried to give an acceptance speech last time I got mine. Might have had a sharpener or two to start the day right :D

4 hours ago, Username taken said:

National Express sent me an email yesterday saying that baggage is actually going in s separate vehicle that will drive alongside the coach so, with that in mind it seems like they have made provisions for people coming 'fully loaded' and also, they would have some cheek to separate you from you belongings and then complain that you've brought too much.

yeah I got that email.  Almost a shame that all my stuff has gone ahead in my mate's camper van and all I'm taking on the coach is a small rucksack.

Did the email also say you are getting a top of the range coach with wifi, charging, and lots of seat room?

For the first time ever I've managed just my 70l rucksack, tent and a small backpack as hand luggage. My sister's friend on the other hand has got the biggest suitcase I've ever seen and I swear must weigh 30 kilos, well over what they accept on a normal coach but will still look a lot less than what others are carrying. Can't wait to see how she drags that through the rough ground ??‍♀️

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

For the first time ever I've managed just my 70l rucksack, tent and a small backpack as hand luggage. My sister's friend on the other hand has got the biggest suitcase I've ever seen and I swear must weigh 30 kilos, well over what they accept on a normal coach but will still look a lot less than what others are carrying. Can't wait to see how she drags that through the rough ground ??‍♀️

Wow. What time is your coach due to arrive and can we bring chairs out to watch?

10 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Suitcase? SUITCASE?!!!!! Nuts.

10 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Suitcase?! She didn't pay £18k for glamping tickets at the Pop-Up hotel did she? 

27 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Suitcase!! - Is she expecting a porter service when she arrives?