Steel cups

ceetee

I asked this...someone said that they have them in select bars. The only one I can remember now though is the Bimble Inn. Was gonna make my way down there ASAP!

If they don't do them, I hope there's something else. I foolishly have bought nothing to drink my cider out of!

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I asked this...someone said that they have them in select bars. The only one I can remember now though is the Bimble Inn. Was gonna make my way down there ASAP!

If they don't do them, I hope there's something else. I foolishly have bought nothing to drink my cider out of!

What about this? Use the straw for spirits, take the lid off for cider. That’s what we’re doing! You can pick them up pretty much anywhere.

9B9EB2FD-9D32-4076-AB33-AB0A723DF752.jpeg

1 hour ago, ceetee said:

Not heard anything about them this year, are they still a thing?

Yep they're available at the WaterAid refill stations and select bars I believe.. saw someone yesterday had taken a photo of one of the boards advertising them onsite, £5 deposit

• Like 1

I already have some reusable pint cups, I wonder if we can use them at the festival. I’ll have one for cider and one for beer. Also taking a coffee cup and of course a water bottle, should decrease the amount of rubbish I make this year. Every little helps I guess

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

What about this? Use the straw for spirits, take the lid off for cider. That’s what we’re doing! You can pick them up pretty much anywhere.

9B9EB2FD-9D32-4076-AB33-AB0A723DF752.jpeg

Sadly I don't think I have time to get this now ? Got a pretty mental sprint from work to home to my 5pm train to Sheffield as it is. Fingers crossed for the pint glasses!

Strange question... Will the water refill stations refill anything for free?  We have some plastic water bottles that normally we would just refill from the taps, but can we also use them at the water stations, or do you have to buy the special cup?

Also, I know single use plastics are frowned upon, but the way I see it is, they are only single use if you only use them once!  If we keep refilling them, they by definition stop being single-use plastics

41 minutes ago, Abbathehorse said:

Strange question... Will the water refill stations refill anything for free?  We have some plastic water bottles that normally we would just refill from the taps, but can we also use them at the water stations, or do you have to buy the special cup?

Also, I know single use plastics are frowned upon, but the way I see it is, they are only single use if you only use them once!  If we keep refilling them, they by definition stop being single-use plastics

They refill anything plus there’s absolutely loads of taps around as well

Had to hammer mine back into shape a bit, got a bit squashed in all the camping gear in the garage! :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Forgot though - can you use it at any bar to get a  pint of something? Or are there some that won’t?

I think you can, but I know there are some cases where they'll use a disposable cup to measure and decant it, which kind of defeats the object a bit!!  Sure someone who works on the bars can confirm this one way or t'other

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Had to hammer mine back into shape a bit, got a bit squashed in all the camping gear in the garage! :lol:

I think you can, but I know there are some cases where they'll use a disposable cup to measure and decant it, which kind of defeats the object a bit!!  Sure someone who works on the bars can confirm this one way or t'other

Yeah, the decanting from a paper cup thingy rings a bell.

Be interesting to see what the new paper cups are like - sure I read somewhere that they had found a boffin who was making a 100% biodegradable type.

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

Yeah, the decanting from a paper cup thingy rings a bell.

Be interesting to see what the new paper cups are like - sure I read somewhere that they had found a boffin who was making a 100% biodegradable type.

Pretty sure they've said everything on site - cutlery, cups, plates etc - is all going to be recyclable this year.  Not sure if that extends to biodegradable tho

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

In 2017 they definitely did this decanting thing in most bars. I pointed out to the lad working in Avalon how pointless it was, and he agreed but said they’d been told they had to do it “for hygiene reasons”?!? Bimble was the same. I found that if I intervened before they had done the decant though, most bars were happy to pour straight into the steel pint. Just ask them to. I am hoping this has been clarified for the bar workers this year though.

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

In 2017 they definitely did this decanting thing in most bars. I pointed out to the lad working in Avalon how pointless it was, and he agreed but said they’d been told they had to do it “for hygiene reasons”?!? Bimble was the same. I found that if I intervened before they had done the decant though, most bars were happy to pour straight into the steel pint. Just ask them to. I am hoping this has been clarified for the bar workers this year though.

Fingers crossed. Seemed to be better at Beautiful Days, but asking them to do it when you order is definitely the way forward

1 hour ago, Abbathehorse said:

Yeah mate, I re-fill a Camelback about 6 times a day when there!

Free water is a big deal on site, they invest a fortune with Bristol water to provide some some top draw drinking water from hundreds of taps across site, its a hell of an operation.

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

It’s health/hygiene thing isn’t it.

I've got a couple from previous years, which I'll be taking back and reusing.

Tip: I took one of them to the backsmiths (?) to the left of the park stage - they put a hole in the rim, and a keyring loop, so it now hooks on the caribina on my belt loop. Game-changer.