What's your preferred medium and view for the clashfinder?

clarkete

If you have lots of acts spread across a lot of stages there's obviously more data to show.

That in turn means I can't decide if I prefer just printing the clashfinder (all or highlights) or itinerary or just access the mobile page and browse on the fly. 

For the print out it's nice and simple but you need a light source to see at night, for the mobile I like that I can add/remove acts on the fly and search, but sometimes I don't like the appearance of it as much - maybe that's the typesize and my eyes. 

Anyone who's not doing last minute packing have an opinion they'd like to share? 

6 hours ago, clarkete said:

For the print out it's nice and simple but you need a light source to see at night, for the mobile I like that I can add/remove acts on the fly and search, but sometimes I don't like the appearance of it as much - maybe that's the typesize and my eyes. 

Anyone who's not doing last minute packing have an opinion they'd like to share? 

Come on man, act your age .... print it out and laminate it. Surely you can't be doing with this newfangled stuff?

Just use the glasto app!! Clashfinders been great for years but now EE have provided an app thats designed for an mobile rather than PC screen, and it works in offline mode so you dont even need connection. 

Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/glastonbury-festival-2019/id652845778?mt=8
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.ee.Glastonbury2013

4 minutes ago, tskerrett said:

Just use the glasto app!! Clashfinders been great for years but now EE have provided an app thats designed for an mobile rather than PC screen, and it works in offline mode so you dont even need connection. 

Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/glastonbury-festival-2019/id652845778?mt=8
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.ee.Glastonbury2013

I actually prefer the clashfinder because I find it easier to see across all the stages. 

Not that it matters for me, I take a burner phone anyway so couldn't use the app if I wanted to. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, zeppelin said:

I actually prefer the clashfinder because I find it easier to see across all the stages. 

Not that it matters for me, I take a burner phone anyway so couldn't use the app if I wanted to. 

Yeah, i suppose you get all of the smaller ones. Yeah probably use both then 

Too much scrolling on the app. I printed the clashfinder. 17 pages no less. It even has something for Monday morning.

Highlighted all I want to see, which is not going to be possible.

True that the print is too small in dim light, so have written down all the crucial stuff on a piece of paper. Old school.

The EE app is completely unusable. No idea how anyone can get anything done with it.

Clashfinder is great. One copy of all stages for spontaneity. One copy of show only stages with highlights for top two highlight groups, double sided, landscape. Fold it up and put it in the landyard thing. Import highlights into calendar app too for reminders on phone.

1 hour ago, joeruss said:

The EE app is crap, loads of scrolling up & down trying to find what acts are on

100% this. I decided to put just my 'plan A' acts into the app and it took forever. 

Print one off, limiting each day only to stages where you've got stuff highlighted (which in my case always ends up being about half the stages anyway). 

Regarding apps..

There's an app in the Google play store called festable, which downloads data from clashfinder and displays it in a more mobile friendly way. It's not perfect and cosmetically is quite basic but is worth checking out.

53 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Customised all the stages to only show the ones I will attend. 
Landscape. Tight fit. 

All days squeezed nicely on to 4 pages. 

Ooft.

See I had been doing that, adding manually, but then noticed this setting which I think means you don't need to bother as long as you've chosen the act

Screenshot_20190625-113213_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

If you have lots of acts spread across a lot of stages there's obviously more data to show.

That in turn means I can't decide if I prefer just printing the clashfinder (all or highlights) or itinerary or just access the mobile page and browse on the fly. 

I tend to spend a lot of time pre-fest looking at clash finder, refine it to perfection print it off put it in my bag...........

then I get to the festival, start drinking and just follow my mates around wherever they go, clashfinder goes out the window every year. 

this tactic has never let me down. 

2 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Too much scrolling on the app. I printed the clashfinder. 17 pages no less. It even has something for Monday morning.

Highlighted all I want to see, which is not going to be possible.

True that the print is too small in dim light, so have written down all the crucial stuff on a piece of paper. Old school.

Wow, that is a big beastie. 

So you've obviously got lots of stages and I'm assuming based on the size thatyou include all of the acts on each stage rather than just your highlights. That seems sensible in case (perish the thought) you decide to go off plan. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Mine prints on 4 pages once I remove stages with nothing highlighted. Lovely.

Wow that is compact, are you still seeing anything ?

Edited - Crikey so is mine ?

Edited by clarkete