Tuesday Evening Traffic

filmguy

12 minutes ago, filmguy said:

I'm heading in at about 7-8pm tomorrow evening via Blue gate, do the surrounding roads get mad busy with people arriving to join the queues?

The car parks open at 9pm so yes, we get a lot of traffic from about 6-7pm. If today is anything to go by it’s been like the M 25 through Pilton all day and is still going.

30 minutes ago, themuel said:

Do they really not open til 9?? I thought I had always got in before that. 

For the purpose of their licence, no you cannot get in before 9pm.

For the purpose of not blocking up the feeder roads with queuing traffic all afternoon and evening, you might be able to get in before 9pm.

Staying down near Lydford on Fosse, will be in the area probably by 5pm tomorrow. Will it be better coming in from J23 and sneaking the back way round Pennards Hill, or thru Pilton village? Or maybe jumping off the M5 further north and cutting across to Shepton Mallet? Don’t fancy coming down the 37 all the way from Bristol as that would involve negotiating Bristol at early part of rush hour.