Big Tent

Aroseey

Hi! Over the weekend I thought I'd try out my tent that my mum gave me for Glastonbury, she told me it was a 6 man which would have been fine for the five of us that are going! However when unpacking the tent it turns out its an eight man! I don't have any time to pick up anything smaller, will this size tent be ok? We're not fussed about being in the busy campsites and are happy to go somewhere a little further out. Where would you recommend camping with this size tent? We hope to arrive at around 5/6am Wednesday. Thank you!

An eight man tent will be a good size for five of you. Remember you'll need space for your bags and whatever else you bring.

I always camp in Lime Kiln as it's a bit quieter and there's more space up there.

Edited by Glasto19

2 hours ago, Aroseey said:

Hi! Over the weekend I thought I'd try out my tent that my mum gave me for Glastonbury, she told me it was a 6 man which would have been fine for the five of us that are going! However when unpacking the tent it turns out its an eight man! I don't have any time to pick up anything smaller, will this size tent be ok? We're not fussed about being in the busy campsites and are happy to go somewhere a little further out. Where would you recommend camping with this size tent? We hope to arrive at around 5/6am Wednesday. Thank you!

Yes, 6 man would have been a bit cosy tbh, you touched lucky that it's an 8 man.

When we started going to glasto it was ridge tents and the dome tents now the tents are massive but Yea if you have 5 of you you'll need the space just be conciderent and help your fellow campers.. Always make friends that way you are making your camp a safer place 

8 hours ago, Aroseey said:

Your tent size is fine, perfect even for 5. If you're there that early you've still got a half decent chance of squeezing it in the more popular spots but depends on time you actually get through the gate (you'll be joining a big queue at that time). If you think there are lots ahead of you then Paines ground might be a safer option.