Birmingham return coach times

fightoffyour

Hi,

as posted in another topic but I’m just looking to gain as much attention and therefore replies as possible,

I need to get back for a funeral at 11:30am on Monday. I’d like to swap my coach ticket for an earlier one, but failing that I’d at least like to know what other times they have scheduled - since I’ve beem advised to just turn up early.

so if you’re going back to Brum, please let me know your coach times. Even better if you want to swap for my 2pm return.

ta

Just now, cheesey_toastie said:

Unless things have radically changed.. just rock up at the coach area with a valid email and they will throw you on the next coach to Brum. Nobody turns up ontime for their return seat and they just want you off site - they'd rather fill coaches than have empty seats. 

I camp near the coach site and the noise of the coach announcements starts around 6am from (hazy hungover) memory but I'm sure if you ask a steward on the way in you'll get a better idea of the return times. 

16 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Unless things have radically changed.. just rock up at the coach area with a valid email and they will throw you on the next coach to Brum. Nobody turns up ontime for their return seat and they just want you off site - they'd rather fill coaches than have empty seats. 

Can confirm, one year I had a 5:30pm monday ticket home, wandered round the coach station about midday and was on a coach to brum within 30 mins filling empty spaces, helps if you are travelling alone.

Edited by Spindles

I think the time you are hoping to leave is going to be peak time though, so be aware that spare seats are a bonus not a guarantee.  Frankly to make a funeral in the midlands for 11:30 I'd personally be at the coach station for dawn, but I'm a neurotic old bastard who wouldn't be able to deal with the idea of potentially being late and not having firm travel plans in place for such an occasion.

It's obviously already been repeated enough but thought I'd echo what's been said about timings not mattering, think they just want everyone off the land at that point. 

Rotten timing that though, hope it goes alright for you. I think the only thing worse than going to a funeral on the Monday would be going to a funeral on the Tuesday when the adrenaline has worn off and the Demons have kicked in.

55 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Can confirm, one year I had a 5:30pm monday ticket home, wandered round the coach station about midday and was on a coach to brum within 30 mins filling empty spaces, helps if you are travelling alone.

Just wondering if it works the other way round too? My coach back is 4:00am Monday to Southampton and ideally want to leave a little later! I noticed the same thing (of them not checking times and just filling coaches) in 2016 to London, but conscious there may be less coaches going Soton way, so perhaps they'll be a little stricter? Just debating if I take the risk of turning up a little later ;) 

36 minutes ago, Spindles said:

..or if anyone is driving back to brum early doors and can offer this fella a lift?  We usually head off back to the midlands mid afternoon or I'd help you out.

You know what - if you stood on the exit of the carparks with a bit of cardboard saying Birmingham - need to go to a funeral I'd pick you up!  Surely that would work?

One year as I was leaving via gate D there was an aussie guy sat in a chair with a sign for, I think, Devon.  He was loudly and amusingly haranguing the passing crowds with tales of how he won't give you fuel money, will be terrible company and won't talk the whole way because of his hangover/comedown.  I hope someone gave him a lift.