Alcohol Thread

Rocinante

Got to finish shopping tomorrow but between me n my missus (she isn’t a drinker, won’t drink in the day!) were taking:-

20x Cans of Bud Light

10x Cans Strongbow Dark fruits 

10x Wee cans Old Mout 

2.25ltr Buckfast 

500ml of Rum 

500ml of Southern Comfort 

2ltr of Tesco Red Bull

I’m driving home Sunday though (well she probably will be tbh) 

Going in with the standard Aldi cool bag with a few ice packs for at least a few coldish drinks on Friday, it becomes tent temp after 24hrs but it’s better than nothing. 

Edited by bennyboi

10 cans Dark Fruits

10 cans Thatchers Gold

70cl Captain Morgan's

1l Pimms

Not as much as some but volunteering it does mean a few self imposed limits. Does mean though that I get a head start, and will already be on site tomorrow afternoon ?

I don't get this at all. Why do people take so much with them?

Isn't it much easier to buy it on site than lug it all to the festival? Doesn't it all go warm? DO you have to keep going back to your tent to get cans or do you carry them all round the site?

Nope, just don't get it. I take a few cans for the first night as most places aren't open, and a few bottles of water. That's it.

• Upvote 1

36 cans of Stella

16 cans of various Brewdog 

16 cans of some fruit cider or other. It's in the OH's fridge as I can't fit another thing in mine

1 litre of Orange gin

1 litre of Palma violet gin

1 litre of JD

1 litre of vodka  

About 40 cans of pre mixed stuff and wine

A box of hock which gets mixed with the cherry cactus jacks I've bought and a splash of cloudy lemonade... don't judge... It's lush. Me and minime usually drink it for breakfast then fill a bottle with it to drink walking down to the stages.

Plan is to buy mixers on site as it's going to be a pain in the arse getting it all packed otherwise 

37 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Isn't it much easier to buy it on site than lug it all to the festival? Doesn't it all go warm? DO you have to keep going back to your tent to get cans or do you carry them all round the site?

Nope, just don't get it. I take a few cans for the first night as most places aren't open, and a few bottles of water. That's it.

We take a big igloo cool box with us and still have cold water/soft drinks Monday morning. To be honest, aside from maybe filling a bottle with spirits and buying mixers at the bars we don't really tend to take much out with us. Maybe a couple of cans and then buy from the bars. My booze list is for 3 of us plus my camp mates are more than welcome to help themselves. 

We don't really do the naughty corner but will go back to our camp after the last bands, light a fire and then sit up half the night nattering about what we have all been up to all day. That's generally when our booze gets drank. 

14 hours ago, p45 said:

Various liquors pre mixed cocktails sprits some wine and some beers weighs about 24 kg (between the wife and me)

20190623_184232.jpg

Looks like the urine samples of people who have already been drinking for 5 days ?..... have a great festival.

jamie 

5 hours ago, bombfrog said:

2x people x4 cans x5 days is already 40 cans. It’s easy to sit at the tent and have a few drinks before even leaving. If you’re at a big stage watching a band for two hours then its handy to have a few of your own drinks. If you just want to sit and chill for a few hours then it’s handy to have your own drinks. If you’re in a big crowd and don’t want to spend 45 minutes getting to the bar and trying to precariously carry a load of drinks back to your mates it’s quite handy.

That said Wednesday/Thursday I only tend to consume my own alcohol at the tent as during the day you’ve normally got easy access to the bars, but surely it’s better to have the option then not? Surely it’s best to have too much rather than not enough? Plus you never know what you’re going to fancy so it’s good to have a selection.

7 hours ago, bombfrog said:

I see you point but for me personally, the rate at which I drink when I'm on it makes buying from bars impractical & expensive. 

I load my bag, get my spot in the crowd and chain drink warm cans. I fucking love it!  

If I had to buy I'd be buggering off every 15mins for a fresh jar and I'll be in a cue for 30mins. 

There are times early in the day and late at night when I'll buy a pint, but only 2-3 time a festival. 

Edited by bennyboi

6 minutes ago, fullerlove said:

I'm yet to buy my alcohol.

Does anyone know of any good offers for lagers and beers right now?

Thanks

The standard Asda summer time 3 for £21. You can get 30 cans of "nicer" stuff (stella, bud light) or 36 cans of cheap stuff (carling ect) 

Edited by bennyboi