Pre-glasto fear

brightyoungthing2

I am 44 now, only 6th Glastonbury...... I get anxious every time I go out now ?..... the build up, the packing, the re packing, the two night prior to going to glasto I know will be sleep deprived, what booze to drink and when.... the list goes on.... but once I arrive I will explode like a firework and have the best time ever..... thanks for making a thread for the anxious folk out there.....

see you in the battlefield

Jamie 

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Chomper said:

The anxiety has kicked in today.  I know it happens but wasn’t expecting it to be quite  full on.  A slight niggly pain in the leg has turned into something massively sinister in my mind.  Want to be there but also want to enjoy the final few days build up 

I have had this.... I wont go into specifics because I'll sound mental.

Been absolutely bogged down recently in work, working in some very challenging environments so I feel pretty knackered at the moment.

Can't wait to get on the farm for this reason, but there's an undercurrent of excitement and anxiety which can feel quite similar! Trying not to ruminate over worries which I cannot control and just divert my energy into the positive planning instead ?.

Thank you for this thread, nice to know there are others in the same boat as me.

Over the weekend I was stressing so much about packing/travel to glasto/work/health problems that I was making myself ill & fatigued. I wasn't excited in the slightest because I was worrying so much. Just said fuck it and stopped packing as it was stressing me out so much.

I'm a little better today and hopefully by tomorrow evening I'm fully sorted and raring to go.

3 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Packing when you're coming in by coach is so difficult though. And yes I've just checked again that my tickets are still in the same safe place I put them weeks ago

This! I’ve got everything in piles in spare room and I’m not even attempting to pack, cause I can already tell I’m not gonna fit all my stuff in. In worst case scenario I’m just gonna take extra bag, which is another worry in case the coach driver is a massive numpty and start kicking off.

I don’t need this kind of problems today, so gonna pack just before I set off tomorrow to give myself less time to stress.

Edited by Jay89

Yeah I feel super stressed at the moment. I can't even place what it is I'm worrying about; there's no specific thing I'm anxious about, I just feel anxious.  And I've been going for over 20 years!

I think it's just excitement and impatience.  We've all built this up for 2 years, and now it's finally about to happen.

5 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I just completely shit myself over the thought of forgetting anything. I accidentally took no pants to Reading one year, wasn’t my best weekend.

I just want to get there now and realise my inevitable mistakes, rather than dwelling now haha!

If you took no pants, what did you shit everyday?? 

I'm absolutely bricking it....

The Campervan has been SORN for over a year. I only got it fixed, MOT'd and serviced two weeks ago and haven't had time to go for a test run in her (due to Grandchild number 2 arriving early and Grandchild number 1's 3rd birthday party). So I'll be driving down in an old T2 Bay that's not moved further than the local garage in the last 18 months....

I'm having nightmares of it breaking down and catching fire, destroying my tickets.

I'll not calm down until I'm parked up in CV East and I've got my wristband on.

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Yeah I feel super stressed at the moment. I can't even place what it is I'm worrying about; there's no specific thing I'm anxious about, I just feel anxious.  And I've been going for over 20 years!

I think it's just excitement and impatience.  We've all built this up for 2 years, and now it's finally about to happen.

Same...it's the anxiety about nothing which is the problem. If I knew what I was worried about I could maybe do something about t!

Sounds silly but I'm petrified until I'm set up.. 

The thing I try to remember.... And always forget..... Is ITS ONLY A FEW DAYS and then bang its over.... SO TRY TRY AND TRY TO ENJOY EVERY MINUTE... 

2 years ago I started CBT and I remember sitting down in the JP field and starting to panic... Then I remembered the CBT chats and looked around at all the other people sat down and thinking I'm not the only one who is feeling like this and it'll be OK.... Just relax and enjoy. 

It's not a switch that makes the anxiety disappear but it is a good way to control it.. 

As I write this I'm panicking as people that know me will know..... But I hope every one gets over it and has a great time.. 

Peace and tea 

Guyoldson 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Had the shits this morning and felt jaded all day at work, almost as if a cold was coming on. I think it's just anxiety though. Can't wait for the event, panicky my old body will give way getting in, my worst nightmare. It all washes away once I'm there though.

Massively stressing. Got a fair bit going on  atm, builders are arriving tomorrow and working on my house whilst we are at Glasto so last few days have been loads of non Glasto house prep, stripping walls and boxing up all our stuff, taking it to storage, cleaning, dealing with building control  

Dropped the dog off with dog sitters today and that’s always upsetting too, makes me feel very guilty  

Just got home from panic buying alcohol and snacks at the supermarket and final packing to do tonight before we set off tomorrow. 

Once on the road it will be fine but I do drive myself slightly mad in the build up. 

Oh man I had a fuckturd of a day but I'm in town now, and have wasted some money making horrible mistakes today. 

It will calm down when im on site and the tent is up!

I overanalyze and overthink everything and when I dont this shit happens but I'm feeling like I'm in the home stretch now!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who over analyses just about every little detail in the build up. What if my car decides to fail. What if I trip on the stairs and hurt my ankle. What if I go to the gym and pull a muscle in my neck or twist the wrong way (skipped exercise completely today for the sake of it). My anxiety is through the roof at the minute. And don't get me started on what I haven't packed yet. How people are so prepared is beyond me. I still haven't finished buying all my booze. Then it's the what time do I go to sleep tomorrow. Not that I'll sleep a wink. Then what time do I leave. 2am, 3am, 4am. Will the queues be as bad as 2016.

I don't relax until I have pitched up, beer in hand watching everyone else arrive. It's only then my enjoyment begins. I should probably go and see someone about my anxieties and superstitiousness to be honest ?

Edited by D-Low

I think anxiety and excitement come from the same part of the brain and so it's only natural that you get a bit of both. I've also noticed this year in particular the negative effects of social media in this regard. People panicking that tickets haven't arrived when they'd only just started dispatching them. Some people pack really early leaving others anxious that they are under prepared when really we all just like to do things differently. I packed yesterday and today and it's the earliest I've ever packed. 

I wonder if many studies have been done on the effect of social media in creating anxiety. 

This might sound silly especially as I was so desperate to go but my anxiety about going to Glastonbury is pretty high right now. I'm going on my own which is adding to it, although there are some people I am meeting up with from here too. My anxiety worries about if something goes wrong down there, volunteering isn't for me too. I have also moved into my own flat back in October going from house shares so I'm worrying big time about something going wrong back in the flat when I'm not there, whilst my parents can drop by it doesn't stop the worries.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really lucky to be able to go but I'm very nervous right now.

Definitely!

people who we were staying in camper van with have dropped out.

having to scramble all our camping gear together. Not good when I’m already stressed about packing and sorting stuff for who is looking after the kids. Have bloody swimming lessons, show & tell, school plays, school trips.

This has sent my anxiety through the roof ?

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who over analyses just about every little detail in the build up. What if my car decides to fail. What if I trip on the stairs and hurt my ankle. What if I go to the gym and pull a muscle in my neck or twist the wrong way (skipped exercise completely today for the sake of it). My anxiety is through the roof at the minute. And don't get me started on what I haven't packed yet. How people are so prepared is beyond me. I still haven't finished buying all my booze. Then it's the what time do I go to sleep tomorrow. Not that I'll sleep a wink. Then what time do I leave. 2am, 3am, 4am. Will the queues be as bad as 2016.

I don't relax until I have pitched up, beer in hand watching everyone else arrive. It's only then my enjoyment begins. I should probably go and see someone about my anxieties and superstitiousness to be honest ?

This is me down to a tee really. Over the many years have had unbelievable queues on road and across site to get in only to find its impossible to camp anywhere I'd like to. But hey - small price and problems in the grand scheme of things. Miss the days we could just saunter in.