Pre-glasto fear

brightyoungthing2

I've pretty much be struck by awful anxiety over the past year or so, a lot of health anxiety which is mostly really irrational but all consuming.

This has been one of my sources of absolute, take your mind off of it all, joy so I can't wait. That said, I'm still petrified I'm going to get the lurgy in the next 48 hours meaning I'll have to miss the entire festival, ugh! 

Yes, sometimes. It can feel overwhelming and a bit oppressive. Sometimes like something I have to measure up to as if not getting enough out of it or appreciating it enough would reflect poorly on me and the image I have of myself. It can seem like such a big thing to take on. Lots of people, particularly loud people, make me anxious also.

Perhaps surprisingly, that’s partly why I choose to park myself at Pennards, among the more lively fields. I think feeling like I’m missing out on the party is worse than being amongst it and realising nobody is actually that different to me. A bit younger maybe, louder sure, but just ordinary. The Park is a lovely place to chill. The hill above it can be a fantastic getaway and observation point to put psychological distance between me and what’s happening. The green fields next door are a gentle meander into the intensity. I wouldn’t expect to on paper, but I like camping there for those reasons. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 2

Anyone else awake at silly o'clock because of anxiety, not excitement? 

Anxiety so bad yesterday that I seriously considered not going, but hubby talked me off the ledge. I still feel physically sick and have woken up after a grand total of 3 hours sleep for no apparent reason to find it absolutely pissing it down, which is also not helping the anxiety! 

Also got about 3 hours, but I'm on the climb down from peak anxiety now.  A bit of pre-festival jitters is perfectly normal, once we are all in and pitched up it is going to be fine.  A couple of drinks and a jazz woodbine onsite and all this will be forgotten.  

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

This is me down to a tee really. Over the many years have had unbelievable queues on road and across site to get in only to find its impossible to camp anywhere I'd like to. But hey - small price and problems in the grand scheme of things. Miss the days we could just saunter in.

Me too!

Yup 100%....I usually get to a point of forcing myself out the door on Tuesday eve in a bite the bullet situation as then it just get a it done. Like another though I suffer from mild anxiety so most things daily I'll question in my head.

Working this year put a different cloud over it and I wasn't really excited until finding out from a working partner on my registration what my shifts probably are.

Aye, I really struggled with sleep last night and woke up gripped by the Glasto fear. Hopefully it’ll calm down a bit by tonight when my brother arrives, and we can manage some decent sleep before the 03:30 alarms go off tomorrow, but i’m Not optimistic!

Work is going to be hell today. 

2 hours ago, Caribun said:

Anyone else awake at silly o'clock because of anxiety, not excitement? 

Anxiety so bad yesterday that I seriously considered not going, but hubby talked me off the ledge. I still feel physically sick and have woken up after a grand total of 3 hours sleep for no apparent reason to find it absolutely pissing it down, which is also not helping the anxiety! 

Don't worry about the weather - this rain was always in the forecast and doesn't affect the great forecast for the weekend. Amazing scenes in the weather and state of the ground threads!

I actually feel a bit better today. Decent night sleep for one thing. The sunset pics from last night are tipping me more into excitement.

That said a whole day at work (with a long meeting first thing) does not appeal! And then packing. Last two festivals I have been a nightmare on the Tuesday night so going to try really hard to chill this time...

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Same...it's the anxiety about nothing which is the problem. If I knew what I was worried about I could maybe do something about t!

how you doing with it today?  My anxiety has lifted a little and turned more into excitement, I think.

reading this thread as made me realise its not quite so easy for some as it is for others.

I hope that anyone have problems right now can get through this without to much trouble.

I feel really want to send you all a message of support and tell you all is going to be fine.

We need you all in good fettle for the week ahead.

Sending you have my all love and best wishes.X

I

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, uscore said:

how you doing with it today?  My anxiety has lifted a little and turned more into excitement, I think.

Yeh, me too ? Was pretty stressed last night when I was packing, but now all I have to do is get through the day at work without looking at my phone/EFestivals too much, and it'll be grand!

And in 24 hours I'll be on the coach!!! Probably having a kip. Ha! Are you at work today?

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, me too ? Was pretty stressed last night when I was packing, but now all I have to do is get through the day at work without looking at my phone/EFestivals too much, and it'll be grand!

And in 24 hours I'll be on the coach!!! Probably having a kip. Ha! Are you at work today?

Yup, "working"* all day today too.  Getting  my coach in about 26 hours.  All systems go!  All my stuff is already onsite, I just have to turn up with a small rucksack. Should be easy. 

Have a great one :)

* looking out the window/at efests

Just now, uscore said:

Yup, "working"* all day today too.  Getting  my coach in about 26 hours.  All systems go!  All my stuff is already onsite, I just have to turn up with a small rucksack. Should be easy. 

Have a great one :)

* looking out the window/at efests

Eeeeeeek. Reading this forum really isn't helping my excitement levels!!!! 

Urghhhhhh just constantly feeling on edge/running through the internal list of final to-do/to-pack items.....

Making partner (who is not attending) take me and the dog out for a walk after tea tonight to keep me occupied and run off some of this nervous energy... I'm not being picked up until 10pm and am planning to re-pot my tomato plants as well to use up some time ? the stress is real! 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yup 100%....I usually get to a point of forcing myself out the door on Tuesday eve in a bite the bullet situation as then it just get a it done. Like another though I suffer from mild anxiety so most things daily I'll question in my head.

Working this year put a different cloud over it and I wasn't really excited until finding out from a working partner on my registration what my shifts probably are.

Please no talk of that c word :) 

Just sneezed and instantly convinced myself the festival is a write off as I have obviously developed a rare and potentially leathal flu... 

I’m more prone to short sharp bursts of anxiety, that I luckily can normally talk myself out of, had a cup of tea and that seems to have cured the flu...

Just the hangover fear to worry about now