Pre-glasto fear

brightyoungthing2

23 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I just completely shit myself over the thought of forgetting anything. I accidentally took no pants to Reading one year, wasn’t my best weekend.

Turned up to my second Glastonbury on the Thurs or Fri fresh out of A Level exams with shorts, t shirts, nothing waterproof and a frozen 2l bottle of Evian because I was convinced heat was going to be the only problem.

As I was walking to meet my brothers, the heavens opened... luckily one of them had a roll of bin bags and I was quickly wrapped up like a polythene mummy... never been allowed to forget it. ?

I've not packed either (I've started amassing a pile though), which might sound like the opposite of what an anxious stresshead would do, but for me it's because if I pack too early I will have to take it all back out again and repack as I will convince myself I've forgotten everything. I really need to do it the night before. I'm one of those people who has to check the windows and doors are locked six times!

• Like 1

I'm the organiser for our group but am currently stressing about people being happy with everything. Where we are camping, setting off time etc. I'm really overthinking it even though I know that nobody else is really arsed. Packing is done though and I have my ticket in my rucksack so once we get there and I have  a cider in hand I know I'll be just fine

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Helsbels said:

am currently stressing about people being happy with everything. Where we are camping, setting off time etc. I'm really overthinking it even though I know that nobody else is really arsed. 

Ha, this is the story of my life in most situations! Luckily, just me and my bloke this year but I am panicking it's going to be too hot for him and ruin his festival. Completely out of my control!

I have found my people. My anxiety seems to get worse every time which I think is age related but made especially worse this time because I was ill in 2017 so didn't have the best experience, and got loads of other stuff going on at home right now. In my 20s I was completely unbothered! 

Deep breaths everyone, it's all going to be fine

Edited by katiepougher
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I've spent all morning packing and I dunno how many times I've complained about how bloody hot my house is right now, all practice for the heatwave.

I'm at my mum's house now, she's going as well as 2 of my sisters so it's 4 times the stress ?

Packing when you're coming in by coach is so difficult though. And yes I've just checked again that my tickets are still in the same safe place I put them weeks ago

Family Glasto! That sounds amazing. But yes I imagine it is a bit nuts right now trying to get everything packed!! Have the best time x

23 minutes ago, rubick said:

Well, I work in a team of 6 people in an Estates unit for a large scientific company, three of which are off sick and two off site today. The Fire Brigade arrived after a routine fire test, there's a series of lectures and interviews on today and no-one knows where on site they are going and I'm completely on my own and can I just not be sitting on the Park Hill drinking lovely, lovely pints already? Haven't even fucking packed yet lads. 

Similar in that I've been left on my own last week through a combination of annual leave and sickness. Thursday being the light at the end of the tunnel. Straight up to healing fields for a cry, a wee meditate and hug on arrival methinks 

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've not packed either (I've started amassing a pile though), which might sound like the opposite of what an anxious stresshead would do, but for me it's because if I pack too early I will have to take it all back out again and repack as I will convince myself I've forgotten everything. I really need to do it the night before. I'm one of those people who has to check the windows and doors are locked six times!

100% this! It's all waiting but I just know the second I pack, I will need something from the bottom/ freak out that I have forgotten something. Which is mad because I used to rock up with a sleeping bag and a bottle of JD/ goodie bag and I'd be reet.

4 minutes ago, katiepougher said:

My anxiety seems to get worse every time which I think is age related

Definitely get increasingly anxious as the years tick by... 

Also need to get a root canal this afternoon which is a most unwelcome suprise..but i guess better than glasto agony!

15 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

I'm the organiser for our group but am currently stressing about people being happy with everything. Where we are camping, setting off time etc. I'm really overthinking it even though I know that nobody else is really arsed. Packing is done though and I have my ticket in my rucksack so once we get there and I have  a cider in hand I know I'll be just fine

I'm the same! I'm the only one in my group of five that has gone before so I'm organising everyone and making sure people know what time we're leaving and what to pack etc!

Yeah, get this a bit these days before a festi - suppose its cos i'm getting on and health can be variable and always dread the queuing getting in and finding a spot. Plus i've now got a car fault where the sidelights and rear lights dont go on which I suspect is a faulty control arm so am now frantically ringing about to see if anyone still stocks the one for my car...

Only thing I REALLY stress about is the queue to get in and my anxiety level about it seems to get worse every year.

Currently slightly stressing about packing. Not a single thing is packed and I need to go and do a supply shop. Currently laid on the sofa in my pyjamas still ? I'm my own worst enemy! 

I'm with everyone on this. Cant sleep, can't concentrate etc but beyond excited. It's difficult to put into words but I can only imagine it would be like interviewing for a job yiu really want and you find out its an ex who will be interviewing you! Nightmare

17 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

That's a pain in the arse. I organised everything, rented mini bus, drove, booked hotels etc for myself and 7 noobs in 2011 and then spent the rest of the festival worrying that everyone was having a good time. 

55 minutes ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

Wondering if anyone else 'suffers' from the same thing? 

Anxiety up to the roof, panicky, jitters.... I'm not sure if it's the scale of the place, the crowds, the recreation once on site, the massive build up etc.....but  I seem to get it every year!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely cannot wait to get to my favourite place later this week, and all will be fine once I get there... it just always seems to overshadow the build up. Anyone else feel the same?!

This is such a timely post. A couple of hours ago I just suddenly realised I was feeling really nervous! Is this normal??? Has my excitement got too much? I don't even know what I'm nervous about!

• Like 1

I'm an anxious person anyways, so always get anxious before I go anywhere - have I packed everything? Have I forgotten to do something important? what if something goes wrong? What if I forget my ticket? What if I lose my ticket? what if I miss my coach? What if there are traffic jams? What if my camping spot is full? Etc etc- endless! 

ive also slight fears over managing my Type 1 diabetes .... My blood sugar management in day to day life is good but there are so many different factors which influence this .... ive got a device called the freestyle libre which I scan with my phone which makes things a little easier and finger pricks not needed .... one of the signs of low blood sugar is a drunk type behaviour ... so dont just assume :) 

Most important thing is to look out for each other in all circumstances :) 

Been up the wall with it myself. Just had a a phone call confirming my mortgage will complete on the 1st of July now so that’s one big weight off my shoulders. Tomorrow I’ve to ring HMRC to finally get my tax rebate. Once that is all sorted I’ll calm down. 

Very, very annoying when things are out of your control, especially as someone who’ll do whatever it takes to box things off. 

31 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Similar in that I've been left on my own last week through a combination of annual leave and sickness. Thursday being the light at the end of the tunnel. Straight up to healing fields for a cry, a wee meditate and hug on arrival methinks 

There's lights flickering in the library toilets now, going to get my best people on this. 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

...Most important thing is to look out for each other in all circumstances :) 

This!!

This is the first year it's just been me and the other half, as opposed to a group of 20+ so I feel quite 'exposed' if that makes sense?! I always forget that Glasto folk are just so bloody lovely so there's nothing to worry about!

Reckon the worst thing for me is just getting in and getting to camp where i'd prefer. Going to try for Big G this year which is uber popular and means I have to look at turning up and joing the queue by about 2am or something to have a chance at a pitch there. All this with dodgy car lights which i might get pulled over for what with all the bill around the roads leading to the site.

Still have to shop, pack, sort out garden ( I bought a load of bedding plants yesterday but if I don’t get them in the pots they will die of the heat! ) tidy the house for the cat sitter, worry about getting up at 4am on weds, worry about the queues and carrying stuff from the car and not getting our favourite spot, worrying about it being too hot! Will be fine once the tent is up and have had a cold Gin and tonic! Which reminds me I need to make the G&T up to go in the freezer!!