Pre-glasto fear

brightyoungthing2

Wondering if anyone else 'suffers' from the same thing? 

Anxiety up to the roof, panicky, jitters.... I'm not sure if it's the scale of the place, the crowds, the recreation once on site, the massive build up etc.....but  I seem to get it every year!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely cannot wait to get to my favourite place later this week, and all will be fine once I get there... it just always seems to overshadow the build up. Anyone else feel the same?!

Edited by brightyoungthing2
typo!
  • Upvote 6

Always a bit nervous in the week before, right up until I'm in the gate.

I think it's my subconscious worrying that something's going to stop us getting in... it never has.. but I find I never 'believe' until I've got my wristband on!

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I just completely shit myself over the thought of forgetting anything. I accidentally took no pants to Reading one year, wasn’t my best weekend.

I just want to get there now and realise my inevitable mistakes, rather than dwelling now haha!

I forgot my pillow once, 5 nights with a jumper to rest your head on doesnt quite cut it

3 minutes ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

Anyone else feel the same?!

Completely.  All kinds of nervous right now over things that are completely out of my control.

The next 48 hours are going to go agonisingly slow.  If only I could fast forward through the next day and a bit!

Yep totally get this. I'm the most excited I've ever been for the festival but equally suffering from "the fear". Struggling to sleep with loads of different worries AND excitement going through my mind. It's exhausting and I'm knackered from using up so much nervous energy. Can't wait to just get through the gates and it will all go away and be full on excitement.

God I feel so much better knowing it's not just me (although I wish none of us had to get the fear!) 

I know it's terrible but I think most of it is linked to the recreational side... exclusively at festivals and it's been a while! 

Also getting a coach this year so not got our tix yet - that could also have something to do with it... gahhh not long!

2 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Don't go on the weather thread. I ?

The weather/ state of the ground threads are definitely adding to the palpitations!

• Upvote 1

Absolutely get this! I suffer from mild anxiety at the best of times and it kind of goes into overdrive when I have something big coming up that requires planning/packing/travelling. I know it's just nervous excitement and I'll be grand once I'm on the coach. At this stage though I just worry about all the variables and think about everything I have to do in the run-up.

I am super fucking excited and can't wait to get there! It's just my happy excitement tends to peak about a month out and then I go into heightened stress state :)

I'm ridiculously stressed at the minute. Am always like this in the week or so leading up to the festival but work has been hectic last week and will be for the next 2 days as well. I've also just run out of heating oil and the car has broken down into the mix. Will all be forgotten about on arrival this Thursday but will probably take me a while to switch off from the rest of the world. 

yep normally not too bad, this year its through the roof, first time back after May 2017, normally work festivals and concerts so always have some sort of control and know what is going on, or if I'm there as a customer I know the full security and management, but being a customer again is going to be hard work, but just got to see what happens.

I've spent all morning packing and I dunno how many times I've complained about how bloody hot my house is right now, all practice for the heatwave.

I'm at my mum's house now, she's going as well as 2 of my sisters so it's 4 times the stress ?

Packing when you're coming in by coach is so difficult though. And yes I've just checked again that my tickets are still in the same safe place I put them weeks ago

I'm feeling exactly the same. First time at glastonbury with friends not family so feeling extremely stressed. Had a very stressful week and to top it off, my car (that I was due to drive to glastonbury in on wednesday morning) broke down yesterday! Have packed everything and my car has gone in for repairs, however I feel I will not be stress free until I manage to get my car fixed and to the festival.

Well, I work in a team of 6 people in an Estates unit for a large scientific company, three of which are off sick and two off site today. The Fire Brigade arrived after a routine fire test, there's a series of lectures and interviews on today and no-one knows where on site they are going and I'm completely on my own and can I just not be sitting on the Park Hill drinking lovely, lovely pints already? Haven't even fucking packed yet lads.