Can you hire someone to help carry stuff to your tent? (Pregnant partner, I'm not there)

theroom80

So I'm not going to make it to Glastonbury this year, but my pregnant girlfriend is going... I've lifted her bag and stuff around our house and its heavy even for me, she's going to struggle as she gets tired even walking around!

Does anyone know if there is some kind of service or people who can help carry luggage to your campsite? I'd pay £40 an hour or more for someone to help her, her friends will have their own stuff to carry and I want it to be as easy as possible for her.

Does this exist? Or is there anyone I could contact to try and find out?

Is she staying at Worthy View? If so, they have people at the gates with wheelbarrows that offer to lug your stuff to your tent for free.

I'm not sure about the main campsite as I've always just carried my own, however there are a lot of helpers around and if she asks for a hand at the gate, I'm sure there'll be someone available to offer the same as above.

There's plenty of friendly people about happy to offer a hand!

1 hour ago, theroom80 said:

So I'm not going to make it to Glastonbury this year, but my pregnant girlfriend is going... I've lifted her bag and stuff around our house and its heavy even for me, she's going to struggle as she gets tired even walking around!

Does anyone know if there is some kind of service or people who can help carry luggage to your campsite? I'd pay £40 an hour or more for someone to help her, her friends will have their own stuff to carry and I want it to be as easy as possible for her.

How is she arriving? If arriving via shuttle from the train station, I would encourage her to make herself known to stewards and hopefully get prioritised through any queuing and then on arrival into the festival head straight to the nearest lock up, dump stuff there take the bare essentials like the tent, set that up with friends and then return once set up with friends and have them carry her things to the camp?

There is nothing like this unfortunately.  I am going with a friend with health difficulties and we  will carry her stuff for her, with other friends.  Would be great if there was but sorry. Does she know where she wants to camp.  Some camping is very close to pedestrian gates. Maybe that's the option for her particularly if she is happy walking a bit further each day but without a load (of the rucksack variety).  Congratulations by the way. 

I believe there is help for registered disabled but don't have info on that as my friend is not 

Edited by mandb

5 hours ago, theroom80 said:

No sherpas at Glastonbury.. Shame lol

I have seen some lads that were doing lifts around the site on like basic rickshaws.. Not sure how to get hold of them.. 

When is she arriving old son.. Because although she's not going through the disabled point I'd be surprised if she turned up and asked them if they could help if they didn't..