National Express - My Luggage Going Separate !

BL1ND T1G3R

Just had an email from NE confirming my coach departure.  In a separate paragraph they said my luggage will going in a separate support vehicle !   Has anyone had this happen before - all kinds of nightmare scenarios now going through my head. Even tempted to now go in my car instead (I have a normal ticket just not a car park ticket).  Any experiences of this? 

As luggage space is limited on board and to maintain the best comfort, everything except a carry-on bag will be transported in a dedicated accompanying vehicle which will travel alongside you.

Dont worry, my old man used to drive coaches. 

In a non-glasto coach trip they can put extra luggage a trailer or auxiliary box on the back (depending on the coach) 

I'm sure this just means a van will follow the coach because people being a shit load of stuff that cant all fit in the hold. 

IIRC, years ago this wasnt the case and people were forced to ride with big bags on their laps, which couldn't have been nice if you were coming form Glasgow!  

Edited by bennyboi

25 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Got the same e-mail and traveling from Glasgow. Though the email does mention Bristol. Even though double checked and defo Glasgow tickets I have. Wonder if they sent the same thing to everyone. 

On the 08:15 National Express from Bolton on Wednesday.  I haven't received anything.

18 minutes ago, dan05delaney said:

Coming from Manchester tomorrow night and haven't got anything, presuming it's just certain coaches that are changing so don't have as much room?

Yeah I reckon it'll just be the coaches nearer the festival from Bristol way etc. They'll probs put on double decker buses since they're travelling less distance. I've gone from both Manchester and Liverpool before and they've always been standard coaches.

2 hours ago, incident said:

Yeah, I got the same E-Mail (from Bristol @ 7am).

Don't think it'll make much difference.

I'm also on the 7am from Bristol but have had no such email! 

Ah, I spoke too soon, here it is in full, so no double decker:

Dear Mr Tease

It’s just a few days until Glastonbury! We are excited to have you travelling with us and we wanted to give some more information ahead of your trip so that you can be fully prepared. 

You will be travelling on the G18 service from Bristol Coach Station to Glastonbury. As you can imagine there will be a lot of people travelling so it is going to be busy, we recommend you arrive in plenty of time before your departure. 

You will be travelling on one of our top of the range Platinum buses. These have comfy seats with extra legroom, WiFi and charging sockets.

As luggage space is limited on board and to maintain the best comfort, everything except a carry-on bag will be transported in a dedicated accompanying vehicle which will travel alongside you. 

It is therefore important that you ensure you pack any valuable and key items such as medication in your carry-on bag as you won’t have access to your luggage until you arrive at Glastonbury. 

We hope you have a great time and thank you once again for booking with National Express.

Edited by Mr.Tease