Been offered a way in

shouldi

Thank you all for your replies. I've slept on it and I think I'm going to go for it. There are about ten different aspects of it that I don't know how are going to work, but, in the words of a few of you lot, fuck it.

I'll update with how it goes.

Edited by shouldi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I have seen this mentioned a few times. Excuse my ignorance - what are EPO bands?

Easy Pass Out bands, instead of normal festival bands- what most volunteers and staff have to allow them easy access and egress without ID and a ticket stump.

I cant beleive your even considering this! 

Only the people who had the money/got through have the divine right to attend the festival!

anyone entering by other means are nothing but scum on the bottom of a ticket holders wellie! 

I'm joking, this was the level of shite I got on the EPO thread. 

Once your on the right side of the fence, it all goes out the window and the feeling is oh so much sweeter. 

As mentioned, its very unlikely you'll get collared without a band but just wear a few bands from previous years or brackets on your wrists.  

G'luck 

I nearly did it in 2015 - but I couldn't get down until Saturday and the lads doing it had wrapped up by then. I've got myself there via non normal means this year (but with a legit ticket) - end of the day you've got a chance take it.

Chuck a bit of money at Charity to smooth your conscience, spend plenty with the traders and keep your arm covered, everyones a winner. Kind of in the spirit of the festival if you ask me

11 hours ago, shouldi said:

Please read. Opinions and perspective requested. What would you do?

I didn't try for a ticket this year because I couldnt afford it at the time.

I've just been offered a way into the festival. It's someone very close to me that's doing me a favour and I think it's legit.

Pros:

I'd get to go to Glastonbury

Cons:

Morally questionable. I would donate the cost of the ticket to Greenpeace if I ended up going for it.

Festival licence at risk? People have always/will always get in without a ticket though.

My other half couldn't come. They would find it hard (but are telling me go! go!)

Only know a couple people going. I think I'd be fine on my own though.

Might not even get in. Would take considerable effort for me to even get to the site.

Thoughts?

A few of my mates would be willing to pay to take the weight of the morals on for you

Go for it. If i had this option I wouldn't feel bad and would be straight down there, I'm desperate to go. Just get old wristbands or bracelets so you have stuff on your wrist and you'll be fine I reckon.

And if this friend wants to allow a couple more in via this method then message me please :)

Large group of us going with tickets this year, however a friend has just decided she cannot miss out so has bought a ticket off a random. I think her spontaneity of deciding a day before and her 'fuck it' attitude is what keeps the Glastonbury spirit alive, much like what you are planning to do and the positive responses received in this forum.

Rock on! ?

I however, for the last few Glastos, have experienced squeaky bum time/sweaty palms when i'm at the gate showing my ticket that actually has my picture on, so I think i'd be the one to just watch it on the BBC from a camping chair in my living room if I was unlucky with tickets. 

Best of luck and gan radge when you're in there. X