Been offered a way in

shouldi

Please read. Opinions and perspective requested. What would you do?

I didn't try for a ticket this year because I couldnt afford it at the time.

I've just been offered a way into the festival. It's someone very close to me that's doing me a favour and I think it's legit.

Pros:

I'd get to go to Glastonbury

Cons:

Morally questionable. I would donate the cost of the ticket to Greenpeace if I ended up going for it.

Festival licence at risk? People have always/will always get in without a ticket though.

My other half couldn't come. They would find it hard (but are telling me go! go!)

Only know a couple people going. I think I'd be fine on my own though.

Might not even get in. Would take considerable effort for me to even get to the site.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

Am I missing something here, if it's legit then why is it morally questionable?

Legit as in its not a scam and I think it would work. Morally questionable because I'm getting in without buying a ticket.

Was expecting much preacher responses in this thread not gonna lie. ?

Edited by shouldi

6 minutes ago, shouldi said:

Legit as in its not a scam and I think it would work. Morally questionable because I'm getting in without buying a ticket.

Ok, got it.

If the worst that could happen is that you have to make your sad and lonely way back home on Wednesday then go for it - why not.

I climbed a tree overhanging the fence my first year... lost my bag and tent hiding from security on the way, so felt I sort of broke even  - weirdly my first year buying a ticket was the year NOBODY else did. ?

They've got it to levels that aren't dangerous and that's the important bit really... I won't say I think you'll get in (maybe, but I just assume it's impenetrable ?) - at this point if you can manage it, fucking go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The license was under threat because they were licensed for under half the number of people on site in 2000... the handful of stowaways and whatnot that somehow get in these days are a totally different thing.

11 minutes ago, shouldi said:

Oh man. Oh man. You are going to get so so smited  ( Don't worry I'm also unsure that that is a word) by God. I'd start running now, right now, as that's (believe me) not the attitude that Good God Almighty likes. No. Apparently, he (because, apparently (far too many apparently's)will be a he, because that's what all scriptures say. So that's 'Gospel'!  

As an aside, Do you really, really want to go? If so, then I would say that you need to do the deed. How else are you going to actually be there, unless you're there?

Personally I'd say go for it.  The number of people bunking in has gone way down since the superfence.  Personally I'd love to have it as an experience with the modern setup.  We went over or through the fence pre-2002 and it was honestly no challenge at all back then.  My current feeling is that if you can get in there with your wits alone fair play to you and best of luck.

I read this yesterday and didn’t comment but I feel like I need to;

Sometimes in life you have to say fuck it. When you’re on your way out you’ll regret not saying fuck it more. This is a fuck it situation. Just go for it! 

Interesting one - I think buying back my conscience with greenpeace (or WaterAid) is the only way I think I could handle it. Somewhere deep inside I can't do these things either. I understand your dilemma, it's really hard.

Edited by hfuhruhurr