Changes since the 2017 festival....

HansGruber

31 minutes ago, gfest2009 said:

Loved reading these posts ☺. Congrats to the people who are in a much better place or breaking even. Best wishes to those who are struggling ?. I finally bit the bullet and handed in my notice for a job that had been destroying my mental and physical health for nearly a decade. Now working on building up my own business with the dream of being in the Craft Village at a future festival ❤. "Met" some amazing people via it. 

ha ha ... great post ... I share that dream ... but not yet worked out how to do stuff on paper :) 

9 hours ago, robillustrates said:

So Shangri La got a new theme and a bit of a makeover this year, not heard much about people talking about it at all and what little I heard was largely negative, really wanted to know what people thought of it?

Personally enjoyed the scum stage and saw something in there each of fri-sat-sun. Was always easy to get in, as most there are on the hunt for dance music. 

I rate the truth stage, they book some really interesting non-dance stuff. Caught bit of UK Garage orchestra and well impressed! 

Admittedly its now more a collection of stages than an area with lots of explorable micro venues and the ability to explore it has diminished somewhat but i like to see an act too so its fine with me!

If youre looking for exploration and interactivity or seeing something unexpected i think the unfairground still delivers that