Changes since the 2017 festival....

HansGruber

2 hours ago, GT3 said:

After having such a great time at Glastonbury 2017 just after my 30th birthday, I went back to work and had the mother of all comedowns. I decided to stop drinking for a bit and try and change a few things in my life. First of all I did a 3 week europe trip in my car that I'd wanted to do for about 10 years but was never sober enough to do previously! Whilst sober I decided I really wanted a career so quit my job of over 10 years and am a year into a 3 year engineering course and had to move to another county to pursue this so ended up buying my first house. Now until I qualify, I can't really afford much let alone the extravagance of glastonbury but when my friend rang me up on resale day saying he was through to the ticket page I couldn't resist. Going to be a different experience doing glastonbury without being in an altered state of mind but I'm really looking forwards to it!

Sober Glastonbury’s are still Glastonbury’s. 

Welcome to the “other side”.

You’ll be fine. 

xx

At my age not a lot changes in two years it seems.

Still,

Still puffing my leaf
Still fuck with the beats, still not loving police
Still rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease.

Still, this has 630 million odd views on YouTube.

• Upvote 1

Split up with my boyfriend, got a new boyfriend, changed jobs twice, became a step mum, bought my first house! Strange remembering the 2017 festival when my life was so different!

This time before 2017, I wasn’t in a good place. Relationship with wife of 10 years had just broken up, I was living alone and my mental health was in an appalling state. Glastonbury had a good effect on me that year, although I seemed to be in floods of tears when I returned (pretty standard TBF)

Now - after a year apart, we are back together, living in a beautiful little house with our son and probably in the best place we’ve ever been. And looking forward to 5 child-free days together at our favourite place on Earth ?

Oh, and like most people on this thread, I also have a new job!

• Upvote 4

Went in 2017 with my Kiwi ex, who flew over for two weeks/to come to the festival. Did a year living 12,000 miles away from each other, other than me flying over there for Xmas/for three weeks to get married. Now been living together for a year and she's still putting up with me.

Saw Interpol.

Edited by Homer

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

This time before 2017, I wasn’t in a good place. Relationship with wife of 10 years had just broken up, I was living alone and my mental health was in an appalling state. Glastonbury had a good effect on me that year, although I seemed to be in floods of tears when I returned (pretty standard TBF)

Now - after a year apart, we are back together, living in a beautiful little house with our son and probably in the best place we’ve ever been. And looking forward to 5 child-free days together at our favourite place on Earth ?

Out of upvotes but that's a great post.

6 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

I meant to ask you about that, saw your recent posts about things with your wife and was desperately trying to remember what had happened so I didn't put my foot in it!!  Happy for you bud :)

28 minutes ago, dan05delaney said:

Down a girlfriend and up a dog... not a bad trade-off that 

No, I think I've come out in profit tbh.

Shame he can't come tbh - he'd stand a far lower chance of throwing a tantrum in the queue to the SE Corner.

3 minutes ago, Magma said:

No, I think I've come out in profit tbh.

Shame he can't come tbh - he'd stand a far lower chance of throwing a tantrum in the queue to the SE Corner.

More chance of stopping to take a shit on the railway line though.

I assume.

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

I am indeed, whenever I get the chance to change in a phonebox ?

Ha, it's a small world. I run with Mikkeler RC and you very kindly came along a couple of months back to talk about your run across the states. Inspirational stuff, hope you're well

30 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

Ha, it's a small world. I run with Mikkeler RC and you very kindly came along a couple of months back to talk about your run across the states. Inspirational stuff, hope you're well

Ha sweet! Hopefully will get to the July meet. Any Scousers (or current Liverpool/near) who like (a free) beer and running, should come along! Black Lodge Brewery, July 6!

I'm all good ta! Just about to head out for a run! Thanks for the kind words. Hope you're grand too ?

Decided to leave my staff job and go contracting abroad for a year and rented out my house. Now contracting back in the UK in a new job and haven't looked back.

2017 was my first Glastonbury but I managed to break my arm the weekend before it. I ended up in A&E last night but thankfully it was just precautionary and the x-ray showed nothing wrong! Don't want to jinx it though...

Loved reading these posts ☺. Congrats to the people who are in a much better place or breaking even. Best wishes to those who are struggling ?. I finally bit the bullet and handed in my notice for a job that had been destroying my mental and physical health for nearly a decade. Now working on building up my own business with the dream of being in the Craft Village at a future festival ❤. "Met" some amazing people via it. 

• Upvote 1