Getting from CV East to Red Gate?

whitehorses

5 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

Hi, navigation question. If it’s possible I need to get from CV East to Red Gate on Tuesday evening. Any ideas how I might go about this? Looks too far/annoying to walk. But beyond that I’m stumped... 

Will you have a Staff wristband, or a Public one?

If it's Staff, what type?

If it's Public, and some types of Staff, you can't officially get to Red Gate on foot at all.

That's a tough ask - the direct route would be through the site, but if that's not a runner then you're looking at public roads - up blue route then cut across to pilton village, leave the village on the A361 and enter red gate from the road. As I say, it's very much not an approved pedestrian route so you'd need to be seriously careful doing that. There's likely to be some heavy traffic and from what I remember most of it doesn't have pavements.

The other thing you could try and do - and would be a lot shorter and safer - is to basically follow the fence line around the site. You'll encounter much less traffic (mostly site buggies), but you'll need to explain yourself to security probably about 10-15 times and it's likely one of them redirects you onto the public roads.

If you're gong to Red Gate, them I'm assuming your contact is collecting you in a vehicle and driving you on site - in which case is there any chance they could do Blue Gate instead? It should be nearly or equally as viable for them, and would be a relative piece of piss for you.

Yeah both those sound quite annoying! I did wonder about following the fence though, but figured I’d get hassled.

And yes getting picked up and driven in! I think it’s a bus that’s picking me up at Red Gate and taking me in... They’ve been sorting it for a week or so and this is the best they’ve conjured up so I guess Blue is out the question. Don’t want to cause more trouble so may just leave it