Women’s World Cup

Blank Expression

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, jyoung said:

Same reason they don't just whack on EastEnders, Big Brother or BabeStation... Because it's a music and performing arts festival.

petition to get babestation on the big screens @ pyramid

edit: definitely falls within performing arts

Edited by grilladelphia

On 6/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, benc said:

Pretty sure Glastonbury changed the policy, no football. 

Phone? If data is good enough? Or head down to the Sec and party ?

As a hard core football fan, I'm inclined to agree with this (if its true) 

I was so bummed out after the 2010 shit show against zee germanz.   

12 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

One of the few occasions when a bit of positive discrimination is needed - I'd love them to show it.

Women's football is fabulous and should be celebrated not derided.

Agreed, It really annoys me the unwarranted slagging off of womens football. Ive been watching since the last world cup and  the England girls and the  whole game has come along massively. With the physicality and standard of the keepers improving the most.  

In this day and age, I'm grateful that there is free to view football on TV! 

Of course its not the same standard at the mens elite game. But neither are Taunton Town and I still part with money to watch them play!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

Agreed, It really annoys me the unwarranted slagging off of womens football. Ive been watching since the last world cup and  the England girls and the  whole game has come along massively. With the physicality and standard of the keepers improving the most.  

In this day and age, I'm grateful that there is free to view football on TV! 

Of course its not the same standard at the mens elite game. But neither are Taunton Town and I still part with money to watch them play!

oh dear ... as a fellow Tauntonian my deepest sympathies :) 

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

oh dear ... as a fellow Tauntonian my deepest sympathies :) 

I'll be honest, I've only discovered just how great non-league football over the last few seasons. 

Its great craic down the Viridor! Entry and a few pints and you've got change out of £20! 

Beats paying £200 all in it costs to go and watch the disappointment of United ambling around in a disinterested manor. 

Edited by bennyboi

1 minute ago, bennyboi said:

I'll be honest, I've only discovered just how great non-league football over the last few seasons. 

Its great craic down the Viridor! Entry and a few pints and you've got change out of £20! 

Beats paying £200 all in it costs to go and watch the disappointment of United ambling around in a disinterested manor. 

never been ... despite only living 5 mins walk  away ... might try it next season 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

never been ... despite only living 5 mins walk  away ... might try it next season 

Its great, £10 on the door, there is normally a few hundred for normal league games but FA cup games close to the 3rd round get well over a thousand. 

The Tiverton game is the big one, its blood and thunder.   

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Um: while Kamasi Washington is performing? Bit weird. 

Kamasi isn’t on a Thursday, though I’d be quite happy for him to freestyle along to it.

Not that fussed myself but it’s not getting in the way of anything so why not!

Edited by Badlands