Charging phone

Verminkt

Does anyone have a golden tip for charging your phone at the site? The portable chargers that you can hire were useless to me as it only did 40% and had a massive queu. I do have my own portable charger but I've been to multiple festivals where my charger broke down.

2 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

Does anyone have a golden tip for charging your phone at the site? The portable chargers that you can hire were useless to me as it only did 40% and had a massive queu. I do have my own portable charger but I've been to multiple festivals where my charger broke down.

Get a couple of Anker chargers or similarly reputable brand.

I've got a couple, a small pocket sized one for trickle charging during the day and a larger for for overnight charging:

Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019GJLER8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anker PowerCore 20100 - Ultra... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if you say its the power packs that break ... it might not be .... some of the unofficial cables are often not very compatible and take a ridiculous amount of time to charge a phone ... 

So the problem arises when you don't use the cable that comes with the power pack or when you use a different cable than the one you get when buying your phone? Which one should I use?

Just now, Verminkt said:

So the problem arises when you don't use the cable that comes with the power pack or when you use a different cable than the one you get when buying your phone? Which one should I use?

use the official one you get with your phone ... do a test run 

You can get some high capacity chargers on amazon for. It a lot of money that will charge your phone for the entire festival. Maybe get one of those and pocket sized one for when you’re out and about.

Its maybe overkill but I’ve got two 25k Mah chargers and one very small credit card sized 2500mah charger to carry around with me. Running out of batter won’t be an issue.

often around site there are stalls offering charging for a fee - which can also help.

The other thing to do is be mindful of using the phone in first place (move to lower power mode) get an actual watch (I often check the time on phone then get caught into a instagram hole...), use the mini guides / paper clashfinder  and Make actual plans with freidns to meet in phuiscal places, vs relying on texting / messaging later on etc...

34 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

Non standard cables can charge at lower ampage taking longer. I think Ashens on YouTube has done video in past with a usb power/amp meter and results were fairly eye opening 

Thanks for all the help guys. Thinking about, last time I used my portable charger I probably used a cable that doesn't work properly so hopefully the one I have is fine. So much help in so little time haha, I like this comminity. Enjoy your festival guys!

3 hours ago, Verminkt said:

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Get a couple of Anker chargers or similarly reputable brand.

I've got a couple, a small pocket sized one for trickle charging during the day and a larger for for overnight charging:

Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019GJLER8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anker PowerCore 20100 - Ultra... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is my answer as well, 2 power packs - small one for emergency daytime use and larger one for overnight.

I've got two now: a 10,000 energiser one, and I've just bought a 26,000 one that can also be solar powered - bargain off Amazon as I had a free voucher code. Took a long time to charge up and I tested it out yesterday, it recharged itself n the garden (only a few % in a couple of hours) but it should see me through. 

I had a nightmare scenario last time out and had to borrow a charger off a stranger (whom I'm forever indebted to).

Edited by vintagelaureate