First KC

Hks98

As this is my first year at KC I just have a couple questions.. 

I’m trying to bring as little as possible I’ve read that there’s food stalls etc but is there enough to keep us going if we don’t actually bring any food ourselves? 

Is the silent disco on at the woodlands stage every night? If so what time does this roughly start? 

And what is the best time to arrive on Friday morning to get a good spot in great Holmes? 

2 hours ago, Hks98 said:

As this is my first year at KC I just have a couple questions.. 

I’m trying to bring as little as possible I’ve read that there’s food stalls etc but is there enough to keep us going if we don’t actually bring any food ourselves? 

Is the silent disco on at the woodlands stage every night? If so what time does this roughly start? 

And what is the best time to arrive on Friday morning to get a good spot in great Holmes? 

There is enough food stalls for a decent meal your looking at £8 snack stuff like chips and dips £5 , there is stalls in general camping doing bacon rolls and coffee bacon roll and a coffee probably around £7 . 

My advice take some rolls and some crisps maybe a little cool bag that will last you until Saturday with sliced meat or pre cooked so you can eat something at your tent . Depends if you aren’t on a budget really .

silent disco is on after 11pm and runs until close .

get there as early as you can on the Friday it gets busy around 11 am plus you just wanna chill find your bearings and start enjoying yourselves.

you will have a great time I’m sure .

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hks98 said:

How easy is it to sneak drink into the area?

They search you. You need to be creative! And if you get caught, be prepared to lose it. I’m guessing from your avatar you’re female... avoid the q’s Getting in manned by women, go to the male stewards. They can’t frisk you. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys 

My first KC too and was just wondering if there's anything offsite nearby i.e. when we used to go to T in the Park we could wander off into Kinross - the rugby club would open up for breakfast rolls etc and you could use their showers.  There was also a leisure centre with a pool adn you could use this as well to freshen up. 

TIA

On 7/8/2019 at 9:57 AM, dunx747 said:

Hi Guys 

My first KC too and was just wondering if there's anything offsite nearby i.e. when we used to go to T in the Park we could wander off into Kinross - the rugby club would open up for breakfast rolls etc and you could use their showers.  There was also a leisure centre with a pool adn you could use this as well to freshen up. 

TIA

There’s a couple of pubs in Hackthorpe but  not very accessible as they are on the Emperor Field side and only accessible through the artist entrance. Not much else around I’m afraid

Another first timer checking in with a couple of questions:

• It seems that there is a secret set every year in the the Tim Peaks area? How do you find out about who this is and when? 
  • We're all aged around 30 and coming to have a good time but equally we're not 17 anymore. Where's best to camp where we won't disturb those wanting an early night / with families but also not partying all night until 7 AM?
  • Do people take drugs? Is it frowned upon? We smoke a bit of green but don't want to  cause offence or ruin other peoples experiences.
  • Any must see / do things? 
  • Any other tips? This will be my first non-Glastonbury experience in around 10 years...

Thanks 

• We're all aged around 30 and coming to have a good time but equally we're not 17 anymore. Where's best to camp where we won't disturb those wanting an early night / with families but also not partying all night until 7 AM?

we're of a similar age and mindset and camp in Great Holmes

• Do people take drugs? Is it frowned upon? We smoke a bit of green but don't want to  cause offence or ruin other peoples experiences

there isnt as much drug use as at other festivals but we smoke a bit of green and im not aware of it causing offence!

Hang out in Tims Diner and have some pizza!

• Any other tips? This will be my first non-Glastonbury experience in around 10 years...

its like a mini glastonbury so hopefully it wont disappoint!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

we're of a similar age and mindset and camp in Great Holmes

• Do people take drugs? Is it frowned upon? We smoke a bit of green but don't want to  cause offence or ruin other peoples experiences

there isnt as much drug use as at other festivals but we smoke a bit of green and im not aware of it causing offence!

Hang out in Tims Diner and have some pizza!

its like a mini glastonbury so hopefully it wont disappoint!

It’s a great little festival, yes....but it’s nothing like Glastonbury 

3 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

It’s a great little festival, yes....but it’s nothing like Glastonbury 

This!!

I love Kendal but it is nowhere near like Glastonbury in my opinion. If the line up isn't to your liking there's not that much else going on. And the crowd is a lot edgier than glastonbury goers.

2 hours ago, dunx747 said:

what do you mean the crowd is edgier? Trouble waiting to happen?

Only ever seen 1 fight at KC and that was outside toilets some bird pushed in to the front another bird went and wagged her finger bit of attitude then the cue jumper got dropped lol !

there is just sometimes a bit of attitude at the main stage in certain areas that’s all wouldn’t worry about it . 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Only ever seen 1 fight at KC and that was outside toilets some bird pushed in to the front another bird went and wagged her finger bit of attitude then the cue jumper got dropped lol !

there is just sometimes a bit of attitude at the main stage in certain areas that’s all wouldn’t worry about it . 

Not worried - I went to Tinthepark for years can deal with attitude haha

1 hour ago, Mr Slippy Fists said:

Thanks for the answers guys. Any tips on finding out who the secret set at Tim Peaks will be and where to find out? 

All so is there a specific day for the fancy dress day? I was told it was the Sunday but my friend seems to think it will be the Saturday?

fancy dress is always saturday, not sure about Tim Peaks but seem to recall twitter might be the answer!

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2019 at 8:30 AM, dunx747 said:

what do you mean the crowd is edgier? Trouble waiting to happen?

Sorry I wasn't very clear... I mean they aren't as lovely as other festivals I go to. Not quite reading and Leeds standard but certainly less respectful, more attitude, barging past people etc. Just drunk kids mainly who haven't yet learnt how to hold their liquor.

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:21 AM, Curlygirl said:

Sorry I wasn't very clear... I mean they aren't as lovely as other festivals I go to. Not quite reading and Leeds standard but certainly less respectful, more attitude, barging past people etc. Just drunk kids mainly who haven't yet learnt how to hold their liquor.

Thanks - I didn't find Leeds too bad by comparison to T in the Park - so this should be a dawdle haha

I intervened with some lads (young men) swinging on a tree limb a few years ago between a couple of the stages. they were proper dicks. Just trying to snap it.

8 or maybe 10 of them decided to step up and come at me (on my own) to try and get some fists flying. Unreal. I didn’t back off but was aware any fight would likely involve all being ejected.

As they came towards me, 6 absolutely massive Glaswegians came behind me and basically told them if they didn’t fuck off, they would be watching the remaining bands with their heads up their arses.

had quite a laugh a minute or two later. The Mancunian - Glaswegian Tree Alliance etc.

Kendal has its fair share of boys who think they are the biggest fish in a small pond and sometimes need telling they ain’t. Plenty of ex servicemen ex football hooligans there when you need them?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tip for the first timers.....Go for a walk through the Woodland area tonight after it gets dark.

Brilliant place and could get muddy over the weekend. You can enter to the side of Tim Peakes diner and walk right round now. 

Lots of nice we surprises as you pass through and good stage and bar up there ?

On 7/15/2019 at 9:36 AM, dunx747 said:

Thanks - I didn't find Leeds too bad by comparison to T in the Park - so this should be a dawdle haha

Ach TITP just got out of hand with the neds. It seemed like every central belt scheme was represented.

Its been my first KC and I’ve enjoyed it immensely. Quite chilled. The mud yesterday didn’t put too much of a dampener on things. Enjoyed hanging out in Tim Peaks. Tim did a wee set last night with his young band. Hearing White Shirt and Flower was amazing. Great singalong.

Would definitely return.