Motorhome Tips for Glastonbury..

leneed

Hi All!

This year I'm attending Glastonbury for the first time by motorhome. Just looking for any packing tips, things to make sure we have, things to help us in the motor home and also arriving with the motorhome!

We have a general east motorhome pitch ticket and we plan to leave bournemouth around 1/2pm on Tuesday to head for the fields.

Guidance and tips would be hugely appreciated!!

x

3 hours ago, leneed said:

Hi All!

This year I'm attending Glastonbury for the first time by motorhome. Just looking for any packing tips, things to make sure we have, things to help us in the motor home and also arriving with the motorhome!

We have a general east motorhome pitch ticket and we plan to leave bournemouth around 1/2pm on Tuesday to head for the fields.

x

Everything you need to know is in this thread . :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm from bmth.. 

Sorting out what to take in camper van is hardly the krypton factor is it.. Basically everything you want to take.... All your food drink, clothes any thing you want.. 

If you have an awning even better.. 

You are leaving about the right time tho.. I always try leaving by 1 and most years have missed the traffic.. 

Safe travels old son 

8 hours ago, leneed said:

Hi All!

x

Biggest shock I had the first time I took a CV to Glasto was how much extra time they took to get up to speed and slow down, I got beep'd at a couple of roundabouts for pulling out and making someone have to brake because I'd not allowed for the fact it takes forever to get to 30 and it was more than double the length of the car I normally drive, twice I nearly ran into the back of someone due to the stopping distance being huge. 

Best of all I followed the SAT-NAV near the site and it took me down a narrow lane where I nearly got stuck (so always follow the parking route signs once you pick them up).

No glass even inside the CV -

Got a spice-rack - Not allowed,

Got bottles of wine - Not allowed.

Got a bottle of vinegar - Not allowed.

Got a mirror in the bathroom - Allowed as it's fixed to vehicle.

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

I go to pick our hired one up tomorrow. I have never drove anything bigger than a car. I am shitting bricks a little.

@eastynh How did you get on?  I'm in the same boat but picking ours up tomorrow.

Can't wait but they say to allow 1-2 hours to go through everything. Sounds more like an exam!

1 hour ago, jefwefwef said:

Picked my rental cv up today. 4 hours later and I'm 10 miles from site with a big scratch up the side like a total twat. Oh well. Annoying but was that the whole drive was fine but pulling into my mates driveway got me, just too tight and fucked it.

Ooof!  Still, it'll all be worth it and soon forgotten about as soon as you crack open the first tinny after parking up.

Just picked mine up....first time in a campervan as well. Definitely echo the message about understanding the size and difference of the thing. I had a good hours drive to get mine home to pack up, the breaking difference between my car and the camper was crazy!!! Go steady.

3 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

We had to pay extra for levelling blocks with our booking but a few better natured renters throw them in. 

No mention of them on my renters' site. Think I'll bite the bullet and order some off Amazon as they're only £15 and deliver tomorrow.

For the CV camping area, anyone know if you can pick up international collect tickets on the Tuesday?

From what I've read ticket collection doesn't open until Wednesday, but I'm hoping they'll let us in to the campground tomorrow...