Bar Prices?

Barneym

In 2017 it was:

Lager: £4:60/pint

Cider: £4:80/pint

Real Ale: £4:60/pint

Spirits: £4:60/single and £8:00/double (take your own!)

Wine: £5:00/187.5ml glass (take your own or visit an actual wine bar, think it's slightly cheaper at those)

Cider is changing from Thatchers to Mallets so we could see these prices go up a bit after the break. There are some bars that very the prices, e.g. cider bus was £4/pint last time. Not sure on soft drinks.

Via http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq/faq-part-4

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Another crucially important question - will there be stainless steel pint glasses again?

I lost mine when I moved house and although my friends have a few, they don't trust me not to lose them! (Which is probably a legit concern)

They have new cardboard ones which are more environmentally friendly, not sure on the steel ones

6 hours ago, morph100 said:

I think someone said they get decided very last minute @glasto-worker ?

yes that is correct - price set would have been made a few days ago but WBC set up crew will be dashing about all over the place and I just would not waste their time to ask - going by the prices set in Ireland I would estimate they may be £5.40 or £5.50 but I could be wrong but it will be close.

8 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I'm happy to give you 40p for every pint you buy - just let me know the total at the end & I'll send you the coins in the post if that helps :)

Very kind. I only tend to buy 1 a day.

A nice round fiver just saves me waking up to twenty pence pieces where they shouldn't be.

2 hours ago, cham08 said:

Was £5.70 a pint of ipa and £5.5 a pint of 3.3% cooking lager at the cricket At old Trafford yesterday 

The “Bira” stuff they had at Edgbaston on Wednesday looked appalling. My Dad had a pint of the IPA and it was disgusting - refused to even consider drinking a 3.3% lager!

Luckily there’s a real ale bar at the ground and managed to find a semi-drinkable Hobgoblin.

Wish Lord’s was a bit closer - love the bring your own (limited) policy there!

Also worth remembering that there can be significant differences in the prices between bars. Normally we only take our own booze, but in 2016 our driver got ill at the last moment and we were on the train, severely limiting how much we would take compared to usual. We thus started a pub crawl on the Wednesday afternoon and were surprised to find out that the bars have different prices. The Bimble Inn had £4 pints, whereas (I think) Avalon bar charged £5.50 for the same pint. Several places were £5, such as Bread and Roses and the others around the main stage. We ended up drinking at Bimble a lot!

9 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

The “Bira” stuff they had at Edgbaston on Wednesday looked appalling. My Dad had a pint of the IPA and it was disgusting - refused to even consider drinking a 3.3% lager!

Luckily there’s a real ale bar at the ground and managed to find a semi-drinkable Hobgoblin.

Wish Lord’s was a bit closer - love the bring your own (limited) policy there!

Do they not have that at every ground? I’ve only been to Lords and Hove (and a couple of local county grounds) and they’ve all been fine with alcohol being brought in for personal use. I’d presumed it was universal. 

The MCG and the WACA too, now I think about it