Lost glasto tickets

Patricia321

22 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

it does annoy me that these days more can’t be/ isn’t done to assist in these kinds of scenarios. At the end of the day great effort is put into making the ticket so personalised, so as long as the person arriving matches the photograph on the registration, what’s the problem? I get that they could have sold the ticket on but surely if the festival trusts it’s own ticketing systems they’d be confident that whoever bought them wouldn’t be gaining entry anyway?

Well first of all twins would be sorted. Secondly, plenty of people still try and risk using someone else's ticket, if people thought they could sell theres and get a replacement then im sure plenty of people would. Its a shitty outcome in these situations but necessary 

20 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Well first of all twins would be sorted. Secondly, plenty of people still try and risk using someone else's ticket, if people thought they could sell theres and get a replacement then im sure plenty of people would. Its a shitty outcome in these situations but necessary 

Yeah in the current system I agree.

What they could do though is barcode the ticket with a unique barcode, a reprint just replicates that barcode so if someone tries to do that, whoever uses the ticket second isn’t getting in.

taking it one step beyond that are we not at a point now where tickets can be sent to mobile devices, which is already done with flight and train tickets. Then there’s no way it can be lost or duplicated.

39 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Yeah in the current system I agree.

What they could do though is barcode the ticket with a unique barcode, a reprint just replicates that barcode so if someone tries to do that, whoever uses the ticket second isn’t getting in.

taking it one step beyond that are we not at a point now where tickets can be sent to mobile devices, which is already done with flight and train tickets. Then there’s no way it can be lost or duplicated.

It may simply be that the increased tech infrastructure cost is higher than the gain of implementation given the relatively small number of legitimate occasions that this occurs. It sucks and if it were me I'd be gutted too, but the system as is broadly works for the festival.

• Like 1