Lost glasto tickets

Patricia321

So me and my partner have lost our tickets whilst redecorating as workmen shot things out that shouldn’t have been! ?

After hours of searching visiting recycle centres ect we have accepted they have gone.

after hours of research it is clear that glasto or see tickets do not replace them but has anyone had any luck with just turning up with all your details to hand? I have emails, pictures of the tickets ect?

15 minutes ago, Patricia321 said:

So me and my partner have lost our tickets whilst redecorating as workmen shot things out that shouldn’t have been! ?

After hours of searching visiting recycle centres ect we have accepted they have gone.

after hours of research it is clear that glasto or see tickets do not replace them but has anyone had any luck with just turning up with all your details to hand? I have emails, pictures of the tickets ect?

My mate lost his in the car park in 2005. Back then there was nothing he could do to convince the people on the gate that he had a ticket and although the technology has improved they have definitely got stricter since then so I'm guessing they won't let you in I'm afraid.

Tell seetickets you never received them, when they say you signed say show me my signature then claim the squiggle isn’t yours. Downside might be shifting blame on your postie and they then get a telling off and hate you.

go down to site with all documents receipts proof of purchase bank statements etc and cry and refuse to leave until they let you in. If it doesn’t work walk to next pedestrian gate and try again and repeat until you have circled the site at least twice.

buy a twix 

• Upvote 1

I'd be surprised with all the proof and evidence available nowadays that you wouldn't eventually be allowed through the gates. There must be a good few hundred people in the same boat every year  Email/call the festival office and also call seetickets and ask to talk to a supervisor/manager as a matter of urgency.

Failing all that.....turn up at the festival and tell them you've lost them on the journey down and have all your proof of purchase to hand. Rest assured they'll have an onsite procedure to deal with this situation.

4 hours ago, morph100 said:

Tell seetickets you never received them, when they say you signed say show me my signature then claim the squiggle isn’t yours. Downside might be shifting blame on your postie and they then get a telling off and hate you.

go down to site with all documents receipts proof of purchase bank statements etc and cry and refuse to leave until they let you in. If it doesn’t work walk to next pedestrian gate and try again and repeat until you have circled the site at least twice.

buy a twix 

This is exactly what I would do in this circumstance. You’re throwing your postie under the bus, but it’s unlikely it’ll even come back to him/her. Deny all knowledge. Act righteously outraged. Don’t turn up on site unless See have confirmed tickets will be waiting for you (this happens via a box office near Gate A). 

Remember - it’s not a lie if you believe it. 

This happened to a friend a few years ago. Long story short he ended up somehow speaking on the phone to the festivals director of ticketing or some such title. He basically said he probably wouldnt be able to help, but that my friend could come to the ticket office on the day the festival opened and you never know.

My mate ended up starting a row with this director and swore at him and slammed the phone down, on the director! Madness. The director called back to tell him how much of an idiot he was. My mate went on the weds morning and the ticket office refused to deal with him. He drove back home after walking the entire perimeter of the wall, looking for a way in. That year there were first hand stories on here about how the ticket office had let people in who had lost tickets. I honestly believe it was because of his attitude on the phone why they were not at least attempting to help him, even of they wouldnt have been able to.

My advice is to try and contact the festival. They are very good at responding despite how large it is and how many of these messages they must get. I'd also risk going on the weds afternoon (once it calms down a bit) and going to to ticket office. They probably get a lot of people saying the tickets were lost, so to help show them you're genuine take as much proof as you can. Bank statements showing the payments for tickets, confirmation emails, royal mail tracking numbers, identification proving your address, a utility bill proving your address etc. You never know, it's worked for people before.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, morph100 said:

buy a twix 

This is a bit of a risk, I used to work for Royal Mail, the newer handheld devices have Gps tracking and record the signature location, it is accurate to 10m. This is why they are not that fussed about signature quality.

oh and there is also the moral aspects.

Edited by GMF
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, morph100 said:

buy a twix 

Throwing somebody else under the bus because you’ve made a mistake is a dick move. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

19 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

I’m glad someone else that has been around here longer than me thinks the same. 

I feel for the OP, I really do, I'd feel like shit if I lost my ticket, but getting somebody else in trouble isn't the way to go about things and certainly isn't in the Glastonbury spirit.

Quite surprised by the 2 posters who suggested it to be honest, usually seem like decent chaps. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, morph100 said:

buy a twix 

As a postman, firstly, f u.

Secondly, the scanners have gps. They can show it was scanned and signed for on your doorstep. So they would also say fu

Also, you wouldnt get told off for signing a special delivery and it being lost, you would get sacked. Nice one ?

Edited by marcwilson87
  • Upvote 4

Yeah best not try and blame the postman sorry was just trying to think of any angle possible whilst highlighting the downsides of throwing the postie under the bus.

having a good and decent attitude toward see and Glastonbury festival explaining is your best bet then. Good luck!

lesson to everyone else, make sure your ticket safe place is actually a safe place!

I had me and my cousins ticket posted to my house. But I then had to post his ticket to him Germany because he will not be arriving at the same time as me to the festival. I posted it over 10 days ago by royal mail recorded, signed delivery and Royal Mail have lost the letter. He's flying first thing tomorrow without a ticket. I've contacted Glasto directly and they told me to contact See tickets. So I rang them and they gave me an email address. So I emailed that email address and at this point I have not heard back. But my cousin has all the correspondence emails for proof of booking and his ID. So I am hoping when he get's there, there will be some sort of see ticket booth where he can go and explain this to them? Otherwise this is not going to be a good Glastonbury for us this year. 

Edited by Fausty159

1 hour ago, Fausty159 said:

I had me and my cousins ticket posted to my house. But I then had to post his ticket to him Germany because he will not be arriving at the same time as me to the festival. I posted it over 10 days ago by royal mail recorded, signed delivery and Royal Mail have lost the letter. He's flying first thing tomorrow without a ticket. I've contacted Glasto directly and they told me to contact See tickets. So I rang them and they gave me an email address. So I emailed that email address and at this point I have not heard back. But my cousin has all the correspondence emails for proof of booking and his ID. So I am hoping when he get's there, there will be some sort of see ticket booth where he can go and explain this to them? Otherwise this is not going to be a good Glastonbury for us this year. 

I have done all of the above and came to a dead end so we are just going to drive down pray for the best, It's worth the risk at this point. I hope it works out for us (and your cousin). I've heard rumours they interrogate you for hours asking things like whats your local pub, and other questions only you would know so they can prove identify. 

Good luck!    

13 minutes ago, Patricia321 said:

I have done all of the above and came to a dead end so we are just going to drive down pray for the best, It's worth the risk at this point. I hope it works out for us (and your cousin). I've heard rumours they interrogate you for hours asking things like whats your local pub, and other questions only you would know so they can prove identify. 

Good luck!    

That's if you lose your pass-out / wristband / ticket stub. 

For lost unused tickets, they are very strict, as you'd expect as you could just sell the ticket and claim you'd lost it.

I've not heard of anyone getting in officially without a real ticket.

TBH, I think your chances are low, but good luck!

4 minutes ago, autoinflate said:

That's if you lose your pass-out / wristband / ticket stub. 

For lost unused tickets, they are very strict, as you'd expect as you could just sell the ticket and claim you'd lost it.

I've not heard of anyone getting in officially without a real ticket.

TBH, I think your chances are low, but good luck!

After 3 days of digging I do agree they are very strict but I've also heard of people that have got in when they have lost their ticket (also heard of people that haven't too). Like you said chances are very low and I do not expect it to happen but even if there is a small chance that's better than not trying at all! 

Just got to pray now ?

So the workmen in your house went through your mail that you had specifically signed for and threw out £500ish worth of festival tickets? Surely that's a criminal offence?

Or was it that you just left it next to the recycling... And then the workmen took the bins out?

Either way that company needs to be taken to court if they're responsible for your tickets being thrown away.

9 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

So the workmen in your house went through your mail that you had specifically signed for and threw out £500ish worth of festival tickets? Surely that's a criminal offence?

Or was it that you just left it next to the recycling... And then the workmen took the bins out?

Either way that company needs to be taken to court if they're responsible for your tickets being thrown away.

I'm quoting this just for the sake of saying you've seen seaway and they are my favourite band. Also, I went to a gig in Australia, flew out there, got to the Box Office and my mum rang up to say, "did you want these tickets that are on the fridge".. oops

On 6/23/2019 at 7:55 AM, marcwilson87 said:

This happened to a friend a few years ago. Long story short he ended up somehow speaking on the phone to the festivals director of ticketing or some such title. He basically said he probably wouldnt be able to help, but that my friend could come to the ticket office on the day the festival opened and you never know.

My mate ended up starting a row with this director and swore at him and slammed the phone down, on the director! Madness. The director called back to tell him how much of an idiot he was. My mate went on the weds morning and the ticket office refused to deal with him. He drove back home after walking the entire perimeter of the wall, looking for a way in. That year there were first hand stories on here about how the ticket office had let people in who had lost tickets. I honestly believe it was because of his attitude on the phone why they were not at least attempting to help him, even of they wouldnt have been able to.

My advice is to try and contact the festival. They are very good at responding despite how large it is and how many of these messages they must get. I'd also risk going on the weds afternoon (once it calms down a bit) and going to to ticket office. They probably get a lot of people saying the tickets were lost, so to help show them you're genuine take as much proof as you can. Bank statements showing the payments for tickets, confirmation emails, royal mail tracking numbers, identification proving your address, a utility bill proving your address etc. You never know, it's worked for people before.

Good luck!

By the sounds of that, the ticket directer was telling him that he couldn't do anything on the phone etc but if he went down they would let him in... They don't want to tell people directly, and they make it quite a lengthy process to put off the blaggers who would sell their ticket and then go down and claim to have lost it and get in anyhow... Like you say, they probably flagged him for being obnoxious on the phone. I've heard they will let people in with all their proof emails etc if they turn up. 

You can only get a new ticket if you can prove they have been lost in transit. In that scenario the postal service can confirm they never reached the postal address as they were not signed for and See do print a new one for collection at the box office.

If they have been signed for, they have been delivered. Claiming it's not your signature will be meaningless. 

I'm afraid if you have no ticket, you won't get entry. I'll be staggered if they let you in with just proof of purchase and emails. Short of them having copies of every order, they have no way of knowing if you have cancelled the order before the May deadline. 

it does annoy me that these days more can’t be/ isn’t done to assist in these kinds of scenarios. At the end of the day great effort is put into making the ticket so personalised, so as long as the person arriving matches the photograph on the registration, what’s the problem? I get that they could have sold the ticket on but surely if the festival trusts it’s own ticketing systems they’d be confident that whoever bought them wouldn’t be gaining entry anyway?