Had ticket. Now don’t. What to do? Pls help me!

Davinson-RF

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

The artists found out about the scanned EPO bands last week. A friend of mine is management for a few artists who are playing on one of the mid sized stages.

I have seen the letters he has received so can verify that it was pretty late in the day when the cat was let out the bag regarding the EPO bands.

I see...thanks for that.

My faith in humanity is somewhat restored as I am struggling to believe that someone who I thought was my friend has scammed me and left me up shit creek at the last minute here!

Try the "act like you belong there" trick.

Stick on a hi-vis, some wristbands, lanyard, hat, sunglasses and dirty your clothes up. Just walk through with a bin bag and litter picker like you're working there. As soon as you get in, disappear into the crowds and hope for the best.

What are the views on selling a ticket on here? A member of my party has been taken into hospital and is no longer able to go. Obviously devastated, and didn't insure the ticket. He’s happy for me to attempt to sell it on so he can at least make some of his money back, and give someone unable to go at least a chance of getting in. But i don't want to do it if its going to break any forum rules/etiquette

2 hours ago, Paul_w said:

What are the views on selling a ticket on here? A member of my party has been taken into hospital and is no longer able to go. Obviously devastated, and didn't insure the ticket. He’s happy for me to attempt to sell it on so he can at least make some of his money back, and give someone unable to go at least a chance of getting in. But i don't want to do it if its going to break any forum rules/etiquette

Ask @eFestivals what his thoughts are.....

I know a guy who bought a ticket at the weekend off someone who he bears almost no resemblance to, tho he has given him his bank card as a way of trying to prove his I. D. What r his chances of getting in? I remember the gate staff having a thorough check of my ticket anytime I've gone, so I didn't think his chances would be great

31 minutes ago, GWR said:

I know a guy who bought a ticket at the weekend off someone who he bears almost no resemblance to, tho he has given him his bank card as a way of trying to prove his I. D. What r his chances of getting in? I remember the gate staff having a thorough check of my ticket anytime I've gone, so I didn't think his chances would be great

My friend bought a ticket off a girl, dragged up and got in. Apparently security found it funny.

12 hours ago, GWR said:

if he gets challenged then the bank card is unlikely to save him. The checks are smarter than that.

I know someone who used someone else’s ticket in 2017. Got called up at the gates, dragged into security and had to explain exactly why he had it and where he got it from. Didn’t get in. Then tried to bribe security and didn’t get in. I think maybe they’re taking it more seriously in recent years. 

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if he gets challenged then the bank card is unlikely to save him. The checks are smarter than that.

My photo is quite an old one as I forgot to update it this year. With that in mind I’ll be leaving my passport in the glove compartment in order to prove that it’s me.

i would have thought that if in doubt, they’d expect anyone else to have done similar? That and the fact you should be able to log into your emails to show the confirmation, the fact that if you’ve travelled by car that is going to be registered into the same name as the ticket, should be able to log into your internet banking which is the same name etc etc etc.

19 hours ago, Paul_w said:

I gave my ticket away once (I’d bought one legitimately and then got given a hospitality ticket at the last minute). The person to whom I gave it was 25 years younger than me (a friend’s son’s friend). He went to one gate and got turned away. Went to another one and got through. It’s a bit of a cliche, but from what I’ve read on this, statistically you’re more likely to get in if you go to a gate person of the opposite sex. 

3 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I gave my ticket away once (I’d bought one legitimately and then got given a hospitality ticket at the last minute). The person to whom I gave it was 25 years younger than me (a friend’s son’s friend). He went to one gate and got turned away. Went to another one and got through. It’s a bit of a cliche, but from what I’ve read on this, statistically you’re more likely to get in if you go to a gate person of the opposite sex. 

I've got in using other peoples ticket a few times since they had photos on them, the last time was 2015 I think, the original ticket holder was 21 I was mid 40's :-) You can generally scan the checkers and see who is checking thoroughly and who isn't and shuffle over to the non thorough one... 

The photos on tickets has greatly reduced the touting, the times I've bought other peoples I've never paid a penny above face value due to the risk involved.  I've been lucky the few times I've done it,  obviously it's not a certainty though.

A massive thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and feedback in here.

I'm still plugging away and nothing concrete confirmed yet, but I am exploring avenues and still have hope that something will materialise!

I was a bit reluctant to post my sob story in the first place. It's proven to be a really helpful and useful exercise though.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me out!