Had ticket. Now don’t. What to do? Pls help me!

Davinson-RF

Hello,

I had a ticket for my 12th Glasto - yay! Now I don’t - booooo!

Am now on annual leave ’til the Weds afterwards with a train booked to Castle Cary from London on Monday AM.

BIG mix-up and have now found out that my ticket has fallen through in what may turn out to be a scam or fraud!

After two failed sales and two failed re-sales and this ticket that I've thought I had since about October snatched from my grasp like this, I am mega bummed out. After moping for several hours I am writing to you in an attempt to take action!

I’m prepared to try pretty much anything to make a magical wristband somehow materialise - will work there, volunteer there, arrive on any day from Monday onwards and/or perform aggressive masturbation to be permitted on the farm next week!!!

What I have done so far…

• Read a scary Vice article suggesting to hang around outside the fence and fight with others there for any black-market tickets, which I very much don’t want to do
  • Set up a Oxfam volunteer Diistill notifications through my existing Oxfam account (tho not actually previously volunteered)
  • Scoured this forum and read through every tip, trick and sniff of a ticket
  • Told my friends who are still going that I can’t make it and shared the love with them via my Spotify playlist, my Clashfinder and my top Glasto hacks (for those who are going for the first time)
  • Prayed to God, Jesus, Allah, Mohammed, the Sun, stars, Mother Earth and Jah
  • Crossed my fingers
  • Bitten my nails and smoked a lot of rolled cigarettes
  • Been St John’s Ambulance trained

I aim to spam my message as far and wide as possible in any Facebook group and Reddit sub or Twitter thingy that might help. I’m shy, awkward and don’t usually engage with all this social media stuff!

It’s highly improbable and likely deluded hope at this late stage, but if anyone reads this and has any tips, leads, guidance or wisdom, pls reply, DM or holler in my direction!

I purposely made no plans this pre-Glasto weekend and wonder whether the strangers of the hive internet mind might somehow come to my rescue, please?!

Not gonna move from my laptop for the next 36 hours in commitment to this cause (thanks to NTS Live and Warp records for making this feasible)!

I’ve lurked here for years and benefitted greatly from all of the shared wisdom on this forum - hats off to Mr Efests, the dedicated community and all those whose love and passion for the Glastonbury Festival experience that helps nurture mine which I, in turn, share with others. I love you all for your time, effort and dedication!

If I don’t figure something out by Monday morning, I think I’m gonna have to draw a line under it for my sanity and to book a plan B (weekend trip to Berlin, Lisbon or somewhere else I’ve never been), so that I can have a different one-off experience that’s removed from my humdrum normality - and to be as far away from all the fun as I can afford to be!

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help!

With love and hope,

Davinson Remington-Farquharson

PS - Anyone know a trader named Chris? I believe he owes me some money

TL;DR - Pls help me find a Glastonbury ticket

14 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

Is that your real name?

Grandmother's maiden name on my step-cousin's side

12 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Are you interested in the aggressive masturbation then?

Sure! I've been practicing and my warts are clearing up nicely!

9 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Hmmm, doubt my plan will work then. You'll have to get creative.

Oh :( Was your plan inspired by Inner Space with Rick Moranis? Can you elaborate on getting 'creative', please?

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Why do you think your original ticket was a scam if it's impossible to buy tickets in October without going through SeeTickets?

Thought I was working and had a trader's ticket. Tried/failed in normal sales too for me and friends.

3 minutes ago, Old Enough to know better said:

Screenshot_20190622-201112_Facebook.jpg

Thanks! I don't watch TV :(

Spam all of these and see where it gets you. Might be better to call than email as you'll get direct responses.

Beg like you've never begged before! Feel no shame!!! It's Glastonbury!!!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/jobs/

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Spam all of these and see where it gets you. Might be better to call than email as you'll get direct responses.

Beg like you've never begged before! Feel no shame!!! It's Glastonbury!!!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/jobs/

That's really helpful and I'm gonna do that - cheers!

5 minutes ago, secondr0w said:

https://www.thelovefields.com/festival-packages-2019 if you've got a couple grand to drop...

Wow! Those look lush! I don't, sadly :'( 

2 minutes ago, Old Enough to know better said:

Was 

Was meaning find him and see what he is doing with the ticket he no longer has wasn't being sarky?

Oh...sorry for misunderstanding and thanks, dude! That's a good idea and I will find him now. Ta!

10 minutes ago, mazola said:

I wonder if this is a knock on from EPO bands going all high tech, if it was a trader getting you in I reckon it might be.

I'm curious about this. Any idea when the "high tech" bands were announced or traders informed about them?

At this stage, I don't know if I've been ripped off or there's been a genuine mix-up. I've been told all was well for months after giving NI details last year.

My friend worked the same stall previously and although it's seemed fishy all along to me cos I've only ever had a general sale ticket before, I now feel like I've been strung along the whole f'ing time and only finding out now with such little time left to figure something else out is a right kick in the nuts!

Edited by Davinson-RF

18 minutes ago, Davinson-RF said:

I'm curious about this. Any idea when the "high tech" bands were announced or traders informed about them?

At this stage, I don't know if I've been ripped off or there's been a genuine mix-up. I've been told all was well for months after giving NI details last year.

My friend worked the same stall previously and although it's seemed fishy all along to me cos I've only ever had a general sale ticket before, I now feel like I've been strung along the whole f'ing time and only finding out now with such little time left to figure something else out is a right kick in the nuts!

If you’ve parted with cash, you’ve been ripped off.... if you haven’t, then you haven’t.

18 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

This was a great read! What an epic story. My balls aren't nearly big enough for that degree of shenanigans.

Timely read tho cos I'm enjoying Squarepusher right now. And if that story is from the year SP headlined the Glade on the Saturday or Sunday, I was there and it was also a personal highlight.

The artists found out about the scanned EPO bands last week. A friend of mine is management for a few artists who are playing on one of the mid sized stages.

I have seen the letters he has received so can verify that it was pretty late in the day when the cat was let out the bag regarding the EPO bands.