To welly or not to welly

LSTx

Wellies or no wellies?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be taking wellies or not judging off the predicted forecast?

• Wellies
    • Old Shoes / Trainers
    • Walking boots

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

Go for comfort, the new ones may be lovely but it’s not worth making your feet die. 

Charm x

I think you're right (unless I can squeeze both pairs in).  It's just that the new ones are pink and sparkly and I don't know when else I'll wear them.

Just now, Beerqueen said:

I think you're right (unless I can squeeze both pairs in).  It's just that the new ones are pink and sparkly and I don't know when else I'll wear them.

It’s sad, I’m having to leave my sparkly ones at home too as they still hurt, tempting to take them but I know what will happen.

Charm x

1 minute ago, Charm said:

It’s sad, I’m having to leave my sparkly ones at home too as they still hurt, tempting to take them but I know what will happen.

Charm x

Aww I feel for you.  We'll just have to wear them on shopping outings, casual trips to the pub and the like!

10 hours ago, redrog said:

In all my years I’ve only resorted to wellies once - in 2016 - and that was only because my walking boots developed a leak. I had a mild strop and a small cry when I accepted I had to throw them in the bin  

The only other occasion that really warranted wellies was 2007, and I’m not sure I could face that level of despair now that I’m 12 years older. I’d just leave I think  

This year I’m waiting to see what Tuesday night brings and unless it’s apocalyptic, the wellies will stay in the car. 

Friday morning in 2005 warranted wellies and 1998 did need them, but that's it for me since 1997. I don't remember if 1997 would have been better with good boots or wellies.

11 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Walking boots are great when it's a bit of mud, but 2016 levels of mud it's wellies all day long for me, boots just don't cut the mustard when it gets really messy 

My waterproof walking boots and waterproof socks survived fine in 2016.. sure you can't walk through every puddle but they definitely stayed on your feet and have support. 

There were so many welly deaths in 2016 as that mud was prope suck your shoe of sh*t!@!

I've not worn wellies since 2008 as they just wreak your feet. I think for this year walking boots will cut the mustard tbh

7 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

My waterproof walking boots and waterproof socks survived fine in 2016.. sure you can't walk through every puddle but they definitely stayed on your feet and have support. 

There were so many welly deaths in 2016 as that mud was prope suck your shoe of sh*t!@!

I've not worn wellies since 2008 as they just wreak your feet. I think for this year walking boots will cut the mustard tbh

My wellies have been spot on and don't hurt my feet at all, and they were bought on site in 2014 and were pretty cheap. 

This year will be trainers weather anyway ?

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Agreed.  My only decision is whether my boots are my new, funky DMs which I have worn for a day at a festival but I'm not sure are fully broken in or my comfy but less funky boots.

It took me over 6 months to break in my DMs - and I still had to deploy the wonder balsam after that. I think it would be a risky strategy to take if not totally confident of them.