To welly or not to welly

LSTx

Wellies or no wellies?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be taking wellies or not judging off the predicted forecast?

• Wellies
    • Old Shoes / Trainers
    • Walking boots

4 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Walking boots are great when it's a bit of mud, but 2016 levels of mud it's wellies all day long for me, boots just don't cut the mustard when it gets really messy 

Really? I was glad I had boots in 2016, half the reason it took so long getting round the naughty corner in the night is coz people kept losing their wellies!

And by boots, I obviously mean docs. Gotta look the part, obviously.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Really? I was glad I had boots in 2016, half the reason it took so long getting round the naughty corner in the night is coz people kept losing their wellies!

And by boots, I obviously mean docs. Gotta look the part, obviously.

I was wondering if dubbin'd docs would cut the mustard... I've only ever not taken wellies in 2010 before

1 minute ago, PollyPeach said:

I was wondering if dubbin'd docs would cut the mustard... I've only ever not taken wellies in 2010 before

I've worn them every year since 09, they're always done the job. I wear an extra thick sock as a little extra protection but I've never had any issues. 

Always take wellies. I use them to store my Lenor bottle ( ?) and my bottle ( plastic) of Vodka for the trip to camp. Bought ankle walking boots which more than likely will be the footwear of choice. If mad dusty I couldn't be wearing trainer's or sandals 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I am also taking all three! Don't trust there not to be a 2005 flash food and I don't fancy being in a scramble over buying wellies that don't even fit me

Exactly, I had to do that in 05, was crazy, also bringing flip flops for around the tent. 

Charm x

Me and my dad were dancing (incredibly well) to Earth, Wind and Fire in 2016 and got chatting to some guy who's mates had hid his wellies on the thursday as a joke but coz they were all under heavy influence couldn't remember where they'd put them. Had to do the whole thing in trainers. He then insisting on giving my dad a tonne of ket coz he liked his style, he just poured around a gram into my dads hand then wandered off. I had a bit but my dads not on that sorta stuff so just lobbed it, the guy wouldn't take no for an answer though.

Moral of the story if you've got the right equipment for your head what it doesn't matter what you have for your feet.

10 hours ago, marcwilson87 said:

Walking boots and wellies and flip flops. Perfect combination for all eventualities 

Agreed.  My only decision is whether my boots are my new, funky DMs which I have worn for a day at a festival but I'm not sure are fully broken in or my comfy but less funky boots.

33 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Agreed.  My only decision is whether my boots are my new, funky DMs which I have worn for a day at a festival but I'm not sure are fully broken in or my comfy but less funky boots.

Go for comfort, the new ones may be lovely but it’s not worth making your feet die. 

Charm x