Co-Op

bennymass

Hiya

Does anyone know where the on site co-op is likely to be? Can't see it on the map and can only see 'Wholesale Market' which I assume is something else?

What is everyone's thoughts on it being at Glasto? I think it could be pretty useful but depending on where it is

10 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Where do I get that map! 

Screenshot_20190622-122103_Chrome.jpg

There's a crew map floating around: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hisfqao1wnsc4x/A3map-Glasto19.pdf?dl=0

That'll help you more than a black and white map.

Co-op is here:

DHRQclv.png

1 hour ago, bennymass said:

Hiya

Does anyone know where the on site co-op is likely to be? Can't see it on the map and can only see 'Wholesale Market' which I assume is something else?

What is everyone's thoughts on it being at Glasto? I think it could be pretty useful but depending on where it is

Good resource to have - makes coach travel more appealing if you can buy more stuff onsite.

Edited by MJP

10 minutes ago, MJP said:

There's a crew map floating around: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hisfqao1wnsc4x/A3map-Glasto19.pdf?dl=0

Cheers, I have the crew one, great to have it so early but the black and white one looks quite readable, and has preper area names. I like maps :)

Just now, p.pete said:

Cheers, I have the crew one, great to have it so early but the black and white one looks quite readable, and has preper area names. I like maps :)

I work on a load of maps as part of my job and I have to say the one that Glasto gives out to the general public is cack.

17 minutes ago, MJP said:

Co-op is here:

DHRQclv.png

Good resource to have - makes coach travel more appealing if you can buy more stuff onsite.

They're not selling alcohol though if that's what you were thinking

What are peoples plans (who are going on the train/coach) about mixer. Got 2 L of spirits but our best plan atm is splitting it into 8 x 1L bottle, so 250ml spirit and 750ml mixer which will be an absolute blag to carry but seems a nightmare to get any mixer in there, unless you go to the coop and buy cans every time. 

Edited by Superunknown

18 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

What are peoples plans (who are going on the train/coach) about mixer. Got 2 L of spirits but our best plan atm is splitting it into 8 x 1L bottle, so 250ml spirit and 750ml mixer which will be an absolute blag to carry but seems a nightmare to get any mixer in there, unless you go to the coop and buy cans every time

I don't see the problem here - take a couple of empty bottles, buy mixer from the co-op and fill bottles with spirits and mixer from cans. You might need to take a funnel I suppose. Taking 6kg of mixer on the coach just seems madness to me.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't see the problem here - take a couple of empty bottles, buy mixer from the co-op and fill bottles with spirits and mixer from cans. You might need to take a funnel I suppose. Taking 6kg of mixer on the coach just seems madness to me.

Yeah you're probably right tbh, it's not the weight just the space it would take up. Gonna can it or worst comes to it I'll just drink it straight haha 

32 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

What are peoples plans (who are going on the train/coach) about mixer. Got 2 L of spirits but our best plan atm is splitting it into 8 x 1L bottle, so 250ml spirit and 750ml mixer which will be an absolute blag to carry but seems a nightmare to get any mixer in there, unless you go to the coop and buy cans every time. 

Pretty much every food outlet/bar/shop/ice cream van sells soft drink so I wouldn’t say it’s a nightmare to get mixer in there. Ok it’s a bit more expensive than bringing it but still much cheaper than buying a drink at a bar!

1 minute ago, richy24 said:

Pretty much every food outlet/bar/shop/ice cream van sells soft drink so I wouldn’t say it’s a nightmare to get mixer in there. Ok it’s a bit more expensive than bringing it but still much cheaper than buying a drink at a bar!

Yeah it's more just me being lazy and not wanting the hassle of stocking up on cans and decanting it into bottle etc but it's the best alternative tbh.

19 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Yeah it's more just me being lazy and not wanting the hassle of stocking up on cans and decanting it into bottle etc but it's the best alternative tbh.

Yeah fair enough! I gave up bringing mixer when I started getting the bus a few years ago as it’s just extra weight! Previously I would just take out a bottle of spirit in my bag, buy 500mm bottles of coke out and about, drink a bit out the top then decant as I went! Not sure about this year! Maybe some type of metal cup with a lid to make it easier to pour the cans?

2 minutes ago, richy24 said:

Yeah fair enough! I gave up bringing mixer when I started getting the bus a few years ago as it’s just extra weight! Previously I would just take out a bottle of spirit in my bag, buy 500mm bottles of coke out and about, drink a bit out the top then decant as I went! Not sure about this year! Maybe some type of metal cup with a lid to make it easier to pour the cans?

I went for a few of these:

12pcs Plastic Liquor Pouch Drinks... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FW2FKF5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

41r4euvpJ1L._AC_SY400_.jpg