Tuesday Night Car Parking

fitzfitz

Hello,

I wonder if any of you can offer any advice around arriving at the Car Parks on Tuesday night?

We're aiming to arrive late Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning for the first time this year, and aren't sure what to expect ...

Our goal is to get a decent pitch for a couple of tents together.

Do we park up and make a move straight away to queue at a pedestrian gate? Or can we aim to grab a couple of hours kip in the car, and begin queuing around 0500 or 0600?

Any tips from anyone who has arrived Tuesday night greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Fitz

Hello

I would suggest getting straight in the queue.

We had a car nap in 2010 and woke to find the queue had snaked back as far as the eye could see.

The sleep you get in the queue is about as good as you would get in the car and there is a really good atmosphere in the queue with the excitement building through the night!

• Upvote 1

I would not worry too much about getting a pitch unless there are 100 in your group.

Since they got a handle on non ticketers and added more camping fields I have noticed there has been far more space available.

But weather permitting get in the q , lack of decent sleep can be made up later , when really Weds is all about setting up etc , bear in mind it may be really cold sat out in the q during the early hours.

• Upvote 1

Straight in que.. It gets massive so get to the front and make friends.. Its its own little party lol.. 

A few years back we waited OUTSIDE gate A.. Right outside the gate, we were the first ones there and we were joined slowly at first by more people.. We thought we were going to be the very first people in and the security people were great until they changed shift........... It was only then that we were told that the que didn't start OUTSIDE GATE A but down past those sheds... 

Bloody nightmare lol when we got to the proper que it was half way round the field lol luckily we met some friends and joined them but Yea that was a lesson learnt.. 

Thanks very much for the replies.

So we'll prep for cold and rain, bring the camping chairs, join the right queue as soon as we get there, and then sleep it off on Wednesday before we go walkies.

Sounds like a plan.

Out of interest, is there easy access to toilets in the queue?

Cheers, Fitz

2 minutes ago, fitzfitz said:

Thanks very much for the replies.

So we'll prep for cold and rain, bring the camping chairs, join the right queue as soon as we get there, and then sleep it off on Wednesday before we go walkies.

Sounds like a plan.

Out of interest, is there easy access to toilets in the queue?

Cheers, Fitz

Yes there are plenty of portaloos in the queueing holding pen and at the bottom of the hill before this. 

Also my one wish when I was drenched in 2016 during overnight queueing was that I had something to stop the rain. I would strongly suggest if you are able to, to take a pop up tent where you and your stuff can shelter worst case scenario if it tips it down.

Someone else had done this and we were so very jealous of their genius. 

• Upvote 1

Great thread!

Can someone help me out, it says on the website that car parks wint open till 9pm.

I've heard they've sometimes opened the car parks earlier, does anyone have any examples of times they've opened up earlier? 

9 of us are travelling down from North Wales and want to get in the queue as early as possible 

8 hours ago, Naylor94 said:

Great thread!

Can someone help me out, it says on the website that car parks wint open till 9pm.

I've heard they've sometimes opened the car parks earlier, does anyone have any examples of times they've opened up earlier? 

9 of us are travelling down from North Wales and want to get in the queue as early as possible 

Been discussed in the above...