Campsite recommendations

AnnyP

I booked KC with my boyfriend as we recently moved to the area and thought we’d give it a go. Was looking forward to it until someone told me it’s overrun by “kids on pills” and to watch out for some of the campsites. 

Any tips on: 

- where to camp that’s quiet

- how far from the arena this is

- Places to avoid “riots and kick offs” (read that in another post) 

Any tips for a first timer at KC also welcomed!! There’s got to be more to it than kids on pills!! 

There is massively more than kids on pills! They actually tend to keep themselves to the glow (dance) tent. Tip for camping is you arrive at the main gates which is at the top of a hill, as you go down the hill the arena is to your right, all the kids gravitate that way you go to your left you will be fine, further you go (generally) the more chilled it will be. Nothing is very far at Kendal to be honest. The arena itself is in a massive loop and you can stroll around it (9ish stages/ food stalls etc) in no more than perhaps 30minutes at a mooch. 

Give me a shout if you want to know anything else but hopefully this should ease your worries! You will have a ball!

Rob

On 6/22/2019 at 12:01 PM, Tazwarny said:

If you don’t want to go in general camping you can get extra tickets for quieter camping like Great Plains or emperors field 

If someone has a pair of these tickets they are willing to sell be sure to send me a PM.

12 hours ago, Chipbarm said:

If someone has a pair of these tickets they are willing to sell be sure to send me a PM.

Hi if you go on gumtree someone is selling some for Great Plains if not try twickets may have some or a site on Facebook Kendal calling you 

3 hours ago, Tazwarny said:

Hi if you go on gumtree someone is selling some for Great Plains if not try twickets may have some or a site on Facebook Kendal calling you 

Yep I messaged the gumtree seller about a price. No way I was paying £75 each for two. All sorted anyway, got 2 emperors on Twickets this morning.

23 minutes ago, thetime said:

What's the most quiet general campsite?

Have been in emperors for the last few and I think the names have all changed since I was last round that way. 

Follow Robs advice above and don’t turn right !

Straight on / left at the bottom of the hill instead of turning right towards the arena entrance.

Mostly families so you get the early risers but that’s where I’m headed this year.

The further you walk the better but can be a trek depending on where you get parked.

4 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Have been in emperors for the last few and I think the names have all changed since I was last round that way. 

Follow Robs advice above and don’t turn right !

Straight on / left at the bottom of the hill instead of turning right towards the arena entrance.

Mostly families so you get the early risers but that’s where I’m headed this year.

The further you walk the better but can be a trek depending on where you get parked.

Cheers mate sounds like good advice.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:48 PM, Chipbarm said:

Going off topic as I’ve not been for a few years is the Jagerhouse or anything similar still in the arena? 

I seem to recall quite well known djs playing in it last year, is this true? 

The Jagerhouse wasn't there last year, it was some smirnoff stall that I didn't go to.

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Think there was a Kracken Rum place last year that had djs plus the Strongbow area which has been there for a couple of years now.

The Freaky Tiki Kraken bar was in the woodlands.The bean bags were so comfy after a day jumping around.

Just bought tickets off Twickets. Been mulling it over for months having been last 2 years but struggling to justify the cost (just been to Glasto too).

Anyway, was in the live in vehicle field last twice but camping this time. Where are the “Nicer” camping fields in relation to the live in vehicle field?

11 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Just bought tickets off Twickets. Been mulling it over for months having been last 2 years but struggling to justify the cost (just been to Glasto too).

Anyway, was in the live in vehicle field last twice but camping this time. Where are the “Nicer” camping fields in relation to the live in vehicle field?

The closer to the live in field you get, the nicer it'll be. The closer to the arena, the noisier and messier it'll be.

Edited by Curlygirl

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...