Village Ticket

panasonic2011

1 hour ago, Sturat said:

"Hey thanks. It’s the hope that kills you! If it were just round the corner I would be all over it but the only thing worse than not going to Glastonbury, is going to Glastonbury but not going to Glastonbury!"

My advice: Ditch Pilton and go to Glastonbury. Good camping close to the town centre. Live music in pubs on Sat night, and batshit crazy people meandering around - just like the fest.  

Edited by scorp
edit

• 3 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 6:12 AM, deebeedoobee said:

To get to the green village car park you need a village access pass.

Village fete opens at 9am. If you are unlucky you may queue for 10 minutes.

The village gate is open at the same time as all the over gates.

Hi deebeedoobee, thanks so much for your help last year. Everything worked perfectly as you said! I have the same villager ticket + transfer pass for this year too and am wondering if everything will be the same?
also, I have 5 tickets all together and am wondering if I need to send the names of all 5 people going to the villagers for them to transfer the ticket to? Someone said in this thread that names have to be submitted by January and if they don’t, the villager will need to be present with us, Is that true?

also- controversial matter I know but is there anything that says villager tickets can’t stay in tipis or does it not matter? Appreciate this is a random question so no worries if unsure. 

thanks for your help again 

As far as I know everything is as in previous years.

In January we get an email which asks if we want to have the ticket or transfer to someone.  It is at that point that the name is changed on the ticket and photo. Then the new person HAS to collect the village ticket in person a week or so before the festival from the community centre ( as do we) at a set time ( usually 10 days or so on the Saturday before).

If tickets have the original villager name on it, then that villager must enter the festival and get wristbanded. They then exit collecting a pass out. Then hand ticket plus pass out plus green card ( all village ticket people get this) which has who they are passing the ticket to written on it  to new person. New person can then enter the festival showing all 3 pieces of paper.

Villagers can stay wherever the hell they like but pay as any punter would. So if we want to stay in a campervan we have to buy a pass just like anyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1