Village Ticket

panasonic2011

Just to clarify.... LOCAL ViLLAGER TICKETS ARE TRANSFERABLE, AFTER THE ORIGINAL OWNER ENDORSES IT!!

There is a reason it comes with a voucher that names the user. All the villager does is name you on the voucher and it's transferred. Just be aware that the villager ticket is usually only valid at ONE gate (commonly called villagers gate, by Ped B). 

Also only the person presenting an intact villager ticket gets a wristband. If you purchase a 1/2 villagers ticket, you should also get a passout and the voucher... so long as you get all three parts and are named on the voucher you will get in, but NOT get a wristband.

The villager ticket is actually designed to be transferable. Each local person gets one ticket as compenstation for the disruption the festival causes. It's that villagers choice as to whether they use it or pass it on. Often in houses where there is more than one villager, one will use the ticket for a wristband, and sell the other.https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/glastonbury_festival/comments/blsid6/glastonbury_ticket_scams_faq/

So it could be 5 people using it but at different times or 5 people if there are 5 people who live in the house. I think. As it’s legit to exchange these I’d get clarification from Glasto ticket office ( not see)

Just looked on gumtree there’s a couple of people asking to be snuck in and one person saying they can get people in:

Available Early entry to Glastonbury. Must be here before Tuesday to gain entry please call John on ......... “

i wonder how they are planning to do it? Must be to do with workers entry.

I bought a village ticket a couple of weeks before the 2017 festival for £500. Included with the ticket was a slip which I just wrote my name on it and showed my ID at the gate. There was a few questions at the gate (C) but that was due to stewards not knowing village tickets existed.  There was additional spaces on the slip which would indicate getting 5 people in is possible, but I didn't need to try so didn't look into how to do it. 

16 minutes ago, firstglasto said:

I bought a village ticket a couple of weeks before the 2017 festival for £500. Included with the ticket was a slip which I just wrote my name on it and showed my ID at the gate. There was a few questions at the gate (C) but that was due to stewards not knowing village tickets existed.  There was additional spaces on the slip which would indicate getting 5 people in is possible, but I didn't need to try so didn't look into how to do it. 

Hi how did you find the ticket for sale? Thanks 

2 hours ago, panasonic2011 said:

Somebody on a sale website has a Village ticket for sale.  They say 5 people can use it.  Is this true and can all 5 use it at the same time as friends who didn't get ticket could split the price

I think @deebeedoobee may be able to help with this. :)

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

I think @deebeedoobee may be able to help with this. :)

You can NOT use the ticket to get 5 people in.

come on folks use your brains!!!

each village ticket comes with a green card. This can be used to sign the ticket over to one person  for a day. Now the card has room for the ticket to be signed over to a person on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hence 5 lines. NOT 5 different people for the whole festival. Just one person for each day.

anyone who is suggesting that they can sign the ticket over to 5 people is probably a con man and I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

if you would like to buy some magic beans I have some for sale.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, panasonic2011 said:

Somebody on a sale website has a Village ticket for sale.  They say 5 people can use it.  Is this true and can all 5 use it at the same time as friends who didn't get ticket could split the price

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

You can NOT use the ticket to get 5 people in.

come on folks use your brains!!!

each village ticket comes with a green card. This can be used to sign the ticket over to one person  for a day. Now the card has room for the ticket to be signed over to a person on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hence 5 lines. NOT 5 different people for the whole festival. Just one person for each day.

anyone who is suggesting that they can sign the ticket over to 5 people is probably a con man and I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

if you would like to buy some magic beans I have some for sale.

Here's your answer @panasonic2011 

On 6/21/2019 at 7:51 PM, tarw said:

Just to clarify.... LOCAL ViLLAGER TICKETS ARE TRANSFERABLE, AFTER THE ORIGINAL OWNER ENDORSES IT!!

There is a reason it comes with a voucher that names the user. All the villager does is name you on the voucher and it's transferred. Just be aware that the villager ticket is usually only valid at ONE gate (commonly called villagers gate, by Ped B). 

Also only the person presenting an intact villager ticket gets a wristband. If you purchase a 1/2 villagers ticket, you should also get a passout and the voucher... so long as you get all three parts and are named on the voucher you will get in, but NOT get a wristband.

The villager ticket is actually designed to be transferable. Each local person gets one ticket as compenstation for the disruption the festival causes. It's that villagers choice as to whether they use it or pass it on. Often in houses where there is more than one villager, one will use the ticket for a wristband, and sell the other.https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/glastonbury_festival/comments/blsid6/glastonbury_ticket_scams_faq/

Hi tarw, I have had a villager ticket transferred to my name (I have the original ticket and the transfer voucher). I’ve also bought a villager car park ticket, which I can see on map is north east of the festival- is this going to be a different queue to the rest of the cars which will be going to the normal eastern car parks? Also- am I correct to assume that the queue to get in through the villagers gate will be smaller or should we still be aiming to miss the Wednesday rush? And lastly- does it open the same time as all the other gates or is there a restricted time I can arrive? 

Sorry- lots of questions! 

Yeah so as deebeedoobee says they can be assigned to one other person at a time. It's a bit more flexibility for locals who may not want to go to the whole thing. My folks, who are now in their 70s, love to go in once to have a look but otherwise assign the tickets to friends/family. 

So they can only be given to one person at a time. But the village tickets are, as the festival admits, open to abuse by less scrupulous individuals. I'm sure you can work out how. 

8 hours ago, Hillnat said:

Hi tarw, I have had a villager ticket transferred to my name (I have the original ticket and the transfer voucher). I’ve also bought a villager car park ticket, which I can see on map is north east of the festival- is this going to be a different queue to the rest of the cars which will be going to the normal eastern car parks? Also- am I correct to assume that the queue to get in through the villagers gate will be smaller or should we still be aiming to miss the Wednesday rush? And lastly- does it open the same time as all the other gates or is there a restricted time I can arrive? 

Sorry- lots of questions! 

To get to the green village car park you need a village access pass.

Village fete opens at 9am. If you are unlucky you may queue for 10 minutes.

The village gate is open at the same time as all the over gates.

8 hours ago, Glastonlocal said:

Yeah so as deebeedoobee says they can be assigned to one other person at a time. It's a bit more flexibility for locals who may not want to go to the whole thing. My folks, who are now in their 70s, love to go in once to have a look but otherwise assign the tickets to friends/family. 

So they can only be given to one person at a time. But the village tickets are, as the festival admits, open to abuse by less scrupulous individuals. I'm sure you can work out how. 

From the Glastonbury festival office:DABD9FEB-3295-4C3E-B3A3-10CAD2C076DC.thumb.jpeg.e9bbe90a62be51ffb053245adc7b2617.jpeg

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

To get to the green village car park you need a village access pass.

Village fete opens at 9am. If you are unlucky you may queue for 10 minutes.

The village gate is open at the same time as all the over gates.

thanks so much deebeedoobee! last question - is there a preferred way to get to the village car park to avoid the traffic? im coming from london - so could either come from east: a303> a371>a361 - but i assume that picks up all the eastern car park traffic.. or - we could detour through bristol and come down the a37> b3136..

thank you!

23 minutes ago, Hillnat said:

thanks so much deebeedoobee! last question - is there a preferred way to get to the village car park to avoid the traffic? im coming from london - so could either come from east: a303> a371>a361 - but i assume that picks up all the eastern car park traffic.. or - we could detour through bristol and come down the a37> b3136..

thank you!

I would avoid bristol at all costs. The A303 is as good as any . But like always, just depends on how many muppets drive like dicks.  Keep to the main routes and you should be good. If you show your village pass you can drive through the village to green parking. 

Safe travels.