Wednesday??

Jamie 2194

Just now, SouthbanKen said:

Cheers fool - what is the earliest you would recommend, I just can’t see myself sat on my jack jones at Bath and West all morning for too long before jumping on a bus to the site. 

Sorry, or should I be I reading that as 1pm is when the early queues die down, so aim to arrive then. 

1 minute ago, SouthbanKen said:

Cheers fool - what is the earliest you would recommend, I just can’t see myself sat on my jack jones at Bath and West all morning for too long before jumping on a bus to the site. 

well as buses tend to get priority and the queues would keep moving and presume you won't be carrying much ..... just get there and queue a bit its all part of the fun ... :) play it by ear and see what the w... is doing ... but I would be keen to get onsite as early as possible maybe 10 ish 

• Upvote 1

I've got a coach tix but my wife hasn't plus she's my carer.. The thing is she's going to be driving the car so I'm not going to have her follow the coach by herself,,,,,,,,,, just think if she breaks down or something,,,,,,,,,,, so I'm going to stay with her as always but do you think I'll be able to follow the coach if they have priority.. It's either that or grab tix before or when the coach stops... 

Hope you can make sense of this cos I'm tired and can't be bothered to try and rewrite it lol 

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Best day along with Thursday 

Amen brother.

The two days before the music are always my favourites. No having to be anywhere at a given time means the whole site is your oyster and you can do or be wherever you want whenever you want.

To me, that is true freedom from the pressures of daily life and is utterly priceless.

I always feel a bit of sadness when I see people rocking up with tents and bags on Thursday or Friday. So much joy already had by that point. Understand personal circumstances mean people can't turn up earlier, but choosing a later entry is just crazy talk. Get in on Wednesday if at all possible. 

At my first Glastonbury in 04 only about 40% of the crowd used to turn up on the Wednesday and I could never understand why.

Now we pretty much all pile in straight away and come 18:00 the place is buzzing!!! 4 more days!!!!

I agree with the thread consensus that arriving on the Wednesday is a no-brainer.  As a volunteer, I arrive on Tuesday, and I'm always keen to get there as early in the day as possible - because there's so much stuff to see that the Wed/Thur 'quiet' days aren't enough. 

However, I'm still envious of people doing jobs that get them on site even earlier.  I'm assuming there's a step-change on the Monday when the bulk of the traders and the volunteers start to arrive. and bars start to become lively.  So on balance, if I could arrive at any time, it would probably be Sunday as I imagine that any earlier than this the party atmosphere wouldn't be there.

19 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I don’t understand why anyone would voluntarily skip a day 

Keep powder dry for the music, etc part and save holiday for going abroad. Also, apparently it took some people 12 hours to get in last time.

Edited by Homer

3 hours ago, matichin said:

I always feel a bit of sadness when I see people rocking up with tents and bags on Thursday or Friday. So much joy already had by that point. Understand personal circumstances mean people can't turn up earlier, but choosing a later entry is just crazy talk. Get in on Wednesday if at all possible. 

I'll bear that in mind when I'm sat on a beach in New Zealand in December.

2 hours ago, DefLeppard said:

I've only ever arrived on the Wednesday but never actually got round to seeing the fire and fireworks. Is it horrendously busy to get anywhere near the stone circle or is it fine?

It's horrendously busy, but it's fun!