Wednesday??

Jamie 2194

Hi All,

we normally arrive Thursday as a group, however the weather is drawing me in to Wednesday. My group are undecided... is there much music wise on Wednesday evening (DJ’s) anywhere. My wife and I are in for Wednesday I just might sway a few others to taking that extra day off work.

thanks 

Jamie 

Beat hotel open all day so stuff is on there.

Think part of the south east corner has stuff on later in the night. If you download the EE app, it gives you the smaller stages etc. and tells you who's on

It's also good for having a wander without the crowds that appear Thursday/ Friday.

Edited by Drfoxxx

4 minutes ago, Jamie 2194 said:

Hi All,

we normally arrive Thursday as a group, however the weather is drawing me in to Wednesday. My group are undecided... is there much music wise on Wednesday evening (DJ’s) anywhere. My wife and I are in for Wednesday I just might sway a few others to taking that extra day off work.

thanks 

Jamie 

Plenty. Go to the Glastonbury clashfinder and you will see loads of stages open until the early wee hours.

7 minutes ago, Jamie 2194 said:

Hi All,

thanks 

Jamie 

Wednesday is one of the best days, just being there and not having to rush anywhere, bimbling around watching the fireworks

Wednesday is the best! 

Even if you take your time and turn up in the afternoon, there is still plenty going on and you can just have a wander around. Added bonus of waking up there Thursday rather than having to set up.

The SE Corner has stuff going on and it's a good time to go before it get too busy.

I always end up in the NYC Downlow on the weds night :D

I also prefer Wednesday and Thursday.  As soon as the proper timetabling kicks in on Friday the weekend seems to disappear. On Wednesday you can relax because everything is in front of you and you have nowhere specific to be right now.

45 minutes ago, Jamie 2194 said:

Hi All,

thanks 

Jamie 

Wed is the best day for me. Everyone is right up for it first day. Fireworks, opening ceremony, losds of little places banging tunes out and then watch the sunrise at stone circle. 

Best day of glasto for me. 

Go Wednesday it's fantastic to get there,settle in and begin to enjoy the festival.

Personally we always arrived on a Wednesday and can't imagine missing a day of the festival. Year on year more people arrive on Wednesday and more shops, stalls, bars and stages are open. Not to mention the large fires and firework displays on Wednesday night . Getting excited thinking about it and haven't even got a ticket for this year.

Wednesday is brilliant. There's some bands scattered about the bars and mini stages, not too many and normally just local bands or Glasto regulars but a lot of the bars are open, DJs are on, you've got Burning Man and fireworks, everyone is buzzing, it's a class night.

I enjoyed the fest Wed/Thur as much as I did the weekend when all the musics on tbh.

2 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

So I’m in Bath and West and will be arriving on the Tuesday, what’s the best time to actually get the shuttle bus to site to “avoid” massive queues to get in via Ped gate A?

1 pm onwards should be safe ... maybe a touch earlier 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

1 pm onwards should be safe ... maybe a touch earlier 

Cheers fool - what is the earliest you would recommend, I just can’t see myself sat on my jack jones at Bath and West all morning for too long before jumping on a bus to the site.