Hugh Jass

Sean Paul

Saw his R1 Big Weekend set on the telly. Seemed to be a winner with the crowd, had a lot more memorable tracks than you would expect. Will certainly be a huge party in that tent, but up against some tough clashes.

1 hour ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Most of the replies to his twitter announcement are pointing out that he's in a tent. And calling him a tit. 

image.png.2210f754f578c0f1dfc9d7f2fc6c8306.png

He's going to set fire to the stage? Is that normal behaviour? 

The reason why this is a fantastic booking is because it gives a MASSIVE middle finger to the bedwetters & soft boys hoping for Foals, Thom Yorkshire Pudding and Fleetwood Mac this year. Glastonbury bookers have clearly gone out of their way to book whatever the fuck they like and as a result it’s one of the most diverse festival line ups in recent times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I’ll be at the Chems, but... I saw him at the Electric Ballroom a couple of years ago. And it was great fun. I loved it. I know lots of men are going to say “I like Sean Paul” and lots of women are going to say “I like the chemical brothers” (and of course they all can) but I reckon the gender balance of one will be the inverse of the gender balance of the other.  

25 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

The reason why this is a fantastic booking is because it gives a MASSIVE middle finger to the bedwetters & soft boys hoping for Foals, Thom Yorkshire Pudding and Fleetwood Mac this year. Glastonbury bookers have clearly gone out of their way to book whatever the fuck they like and as a result it’s one of the most diverse festival line ups in recent times.

Oh, shut up.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Imagine all the stupid people hoping it would be acts they like. This shows them! 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

That's good. The clash for Saturday night headliners was already bad but have to admit it's a step down from The National rumour. 

How is it? He’s a bigger act who’s sold more records. The National are for bedwetters.

Oh my.  If one of my all time favourite groups wasn't headlining elsewhere, and if I was drunk enough (I will be), I'd be sorely tempted!

1 hour ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Out of upvotes, but definitely this ^^^^

I don't care who it is because there's already enough great stuff for me to see, but it's great they're booking a lineup with "something for everyone". We didn't need more average indie bands.

10 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

How is it? He’s a bigger act who’s sold more records. The National are for bedwetters.

People round here have a weird fixation with The National. Not sure anybody outside this forum has heard of them.

I was waiting for someone else on the main stage at Primavera last year and had to endure their set. It was absolutely shite. I like music across all genres, I just couldn’t see the appeal. 

33 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

People round here have a weird fixation with The National. Not sure anybody outside this forum has heard of them.

Well that's obviously just not true, is it? 

4 hours ago, StevieGed said:

Didn’t expect this at all! Interesting. 

Cant deny he’s got a few tunes.

He ruins any tune he joins in on

28 minutes ago, Deci said:

Yep. In the case of tracks like "boasty" he just isn't necessary. When shouting over clean bandit tracks, well, you can't ruin a turd can you.

Edited by bombfrog

36 minutes ago, Deci said:

Real truth hours. Cant sing in key and his wife writes all his songs. Literally shat himself onstage on the Other in 2010.

On the other hand Sean Paul will be the answer to 'What's popping?'

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Digi said:

I'm still totally oblivious. Should I stay that way? 

It’s not for me, but have a listen...I think you’ll know quite quickly!

Feel bad for Wu Tang. This will eat into their audience pretty heavily.

The area might be Big Boi levels: 1/5th full of diehards, 2/5th semi-engaged folk and the rest a walkthrough.

38 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

It’s not for me, but have a listen...I think you’ll know quite quickly!

I gave him 5 minutes earlier. Not my cup of tea either for certain! 

... although I think we might use one of his tracks in Zumba! 😂

Edited by Digi

13 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Ah that's why I'm up so early. I forgot how many records sold is the ultimate mark of artistic merit. I look forward to One Directions headline slot when they they reform. They've sold so many records they must be brilliant. 

I’m not a fan - but it was worth booking him just to see the John Peel gag fly over (at least) three people’s heads.

24 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Ah that's why I'm up so early. I forgot how many records sold is the ultimate mark of artistic merit. I look forward to One Directions headline slot when they they reform. They've sold so many records they must be brilliant. 

I would legitimately rather watch One Direction than The National.