Lost ticket

jaimebionic

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Seems odd to me that you're surprised,  given you clearly know how precious they are.

As you'll see in this thread, where people suggest claiming they didn't arrive - if that was an easy process each year that would clearly be an invitation for others to attempt fraud.

But they’re signed for so that’s evidence if they did arrive (or not). What I’m surprised about is that *under no circumstances* are they ever replaced. As in, imagine I’m walking to Glasto, I get mugged or in a traffic collision and my ticket lost in the process. I have a crime number etc, but still no leniency. 

Edited by caballosblancos
Added (or not)

Wow want expecting this thread to go so crazy. Thank you for some of your advice and I'm right there with the rest of you thinking about the horror of misplacing them. His mum is beside herself. She totally gets how important this to him especially being his first one, she has been in tears and has turned the house upside down. And stopped the binmen this morning but she's worried it went out with last week's. 

That’s a huge fuck up no two ways about it. Your friend should be able to milk this one for a loooooong time. I’d honestly try and get a last minute spot with oxfam, people were still getting places yesterday. If that didn’t work I’d probably print out everything emailed from seetickets, get a receipt for the ticket get proof of address and anything else that might help and then go talk to the box office at gate a on Wednesday. 

41 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Because I forgot to change my address on registration so it has been delivered to my family home, and she signed for it! In normal circumstances I would agree with you entirely! My Mum is definitely more trustworthy than me anyway.

Good on her mums are ace but wouldn't trust mine with a ticket ? 

It’ll turn up. 

I’m certain of it. 

Best way to find it is not to actively look for it. 

And it’ll get discovered in some daft place by accident or his mum will have a sudden moment of clarity and remember where it is. 

10 minutes ago, jaimebionic said:

Wow want expecting this thread to go so crazy. Thank you for some of your advice and I'm right there with the rest of you thinking about the horror of misplacing them. His mum is beside herself. She totally gets how important this to him especially being his first one, she has been in tears and has turned the house upside down. And stopped the binmen this morning but she's worried it went out with last week's. 

Assuming he no longer lives at home, get her to check everywhere in his old bedroom. If I were his mum, I'd have put it in his sock drawer or something so it was out of the way.

5 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Assuming he no longer lives at home, get her to check everywhere in his old bedroom. If I were his mum, I'd have put it in his sock drawer or something so it was out of the way.

Being used as an impromptu bookmark in a half read Danielle Steele novel. 

Had a right battle with Royal Mail the other week as my Mrs' birthday present, which I had delivered by next day signed for, didn't show up. Got on to Royal Mail and they said they delivered it and even had the signature to prove it, the signature they showed us had no resemblance to either of ours. After about a day of freaking out we got a visit from the people that lived at the same numbered house as us a few streets away, who'd noticed the parcel they signed for contained items they never ordered and my goodness they were surprised when they checked the label and it wasn't addressed to them at all (which means they cracked it open to see if it was worth keeping but at least they brought it round instead of binning it). If that'd gone on with my Glastonbury tickets and I ended up not going because of it I'd have been absolutely incandescent.

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Being used as an impromptu bookmark in a half read Danielle Steele novel. 

Once I thought I'd lost some gig tickets but eventually I found them underneath a big fat hardback book which I'd left on top to get out the creases in them because I'm a freak.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jaimebionic said:

Poor mum! It's awful when you mess up but it mainly impacts someone else- the guilt! I do hope she finds it

This sort of thing happens to me with my dope. I know full well that I've got some somewhere, but often cannot find it after a ruthless search.

Maybe your mate ought to go to his mom's house and put her in to a Vulcan Mind Meld situation. He could then interrogate her mind to see clearly where she put the ticket.  

26 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Had a right battle with Royal Mail the other week as my Mrs' birthday present, which I had delivered by next day signed for, didn't show up. Got on to Royal Mail and they said they delivered it and even had the signature to prove it, the signature they showed us had no resemblance to either of ours. After about a day of freaking out we got a visit from the people that lived at the same numbered house as us a few streets away, who'd noticed the parcel they signed for contained items they never ordered and my goodness they were surprised when they checked the label and it wasn't addressed to them at all (which means they cracked it open to see if it was worth keeping but at least they brought it round instead of binning it). If that'd gone on with my Glastonbury tickets and I ended up not going because of it I'd have been absolutely incandescent.

I bet you do incandescent wonderfully. 

22 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Once I thought I'd lost some gig tickets but eventually I found them underneath a big fat hardback book which I'd left on top to get out the creases in them because I'm a freak.

Were you actively looking for them or was it a ‘heyyy! There you fucken are’ moment?

IMO the OP’s issue here is if he / she / their mum has that much time to play the laissez faire card. 

I’m not even asking what your weird creases in gig tickets thing is all about. 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This sort of thing happens to me with my dope. I know full well that I've got some somewhere, but often cannot find it after a ruthless search.

Maybe your mate ought to go to his mom's house and put her in to a Vulcan Mind Meld situation. He could then interrogate her mind to see clearly where she put the ticket.  

Do you think she could let you know where your stash is while she's at it Yog?

31 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I had one with a delivery company who had taken a photo of a front door as proof of delivery .... they had definitely delivered it to a flat 4 ... but not my flat 4 ... the driver insisted it was delivered to the right address ... I went though several weeks of trying to sort it ... in the end i went back to the seller and they replaced it with a different delivery company and told me they were rubbish 

Just now, Quark said:

Fingers crossed. No-one does shit like this on purpose. People fuck up and feel terrible about it.  Glastonbury / See may show some leniency, but in reality it's unlikely.

I once went to get my passport from the sealed poly pocket in the well organised folder I’d leave in the same desk drawer so I could fly to Amsterdam for my best mate’s birthday. He lives there, it wasn’t a ladsladslads A’Dam thing. 

Passport gone. 

Looked everywhere. Tried the not looking and it’ll turn up thing. Didn’t turn up. 

Took a day off work (unpaid as a contractor). Went to the passport office in London. Wouldn’t give me a fast track one. 

Shit load of flight, hotel, earnings and petrol money wasted. 

My dad half-joked that my (now) ex- and her mum probably binned it. 

When we split up and I was moving out of the house I found my passport in the verrrrrrrry corner of the loft. Almost as if someone had popped their head up there and lobbed it in the corner. 

you need to go to the house mob handed 1 per room ... top to bottom search each room ... if you dont find it swap rooms and again .... the person who gets the toilet has a quick but not pleasant search ..... and check the bins ... and recycling 

Edited by crazyfool1