Lost ticket

jaimebionic

1 minute ago, PaintedInSand said:

I just phoned my parents house where I've left the ticket to ask my step dad to just confirm I still have it (this thread has made me go insane) and he started with "I'm not being funny, mate, it's not there"
"Only joking it's in my hand, what's wrong with you?"
Kill me.

Ha ha! Nice one, Step Dad!

15 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

I just phoned my parents house where I've left the ticket to ask my step dad to just confirm I still have it (this thread has made me go insane) and he started with "I'm not being funny, mate, it's not there"
"Only joking it's in my hand, what's wrong with you?"
Kill me.

Joke?  Those who have never attended the festival have no conception of the paranoia that surrounds the arrival and safe keeping of the precious ticket. 

In my experience, See only issue a replacement if you can prove it's lost. One of my group had to get the US Postal service to write a letter confirming it had been lost in its system before See issued a replacement.

Edited by Keithy

I had a mate who lost his ticket in the car park once when he arrived on the Thursday night. He spent the night in his car and the next morening searching the whole route between his car and the gates knowing that it must be somewhere between the two. He had to drive home later on the Friday.

I wonder when Glastonbury will move away from paper tickets? I mean, they already have your photo on the database and your reg number. It's only a step away from keeping a fingerprint or iris scan. couple that with an online face-value ticket exchange and you've sorted the tout problem and ironed out all the flaws in the existing system which stop genuine people from going even though they've paid, or having to throw the ticket away if they have an emergency of some sort.

5 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I had a mate who lost his ticket in the car park once when he arrived on the Thursday night. He spent the night in his car and the next morening searching the whole route between his car and the gates knowing that it must be somewhere between the two. He had to drive home later on the Friday.

I wonder when Glastonbury will move away from paper tickets? I mean, they already have your photo on the database and your reg number. It's only a step away from keeping a fingerprint or iris scan. couple that with an online face-value ticket exchange and you've sorted the tout problem and ironed out all the flaws in the existing system which stop genuine people from going even though they've paid, or having to throw the ticket away if they have an emergency of some sort.

The cost of implementing that sort of technology and infrastructure on a dairy farm for a once a year event would not be worthwhile.

5 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

It's never going to be perfect.  The alternative is something like the AXS system they have at the O2 now, and that was an absolute nightmare for my parents recently because neither of their phones are suitably advanced to run the app.  Had to go through a massive palaver involving lending them my credit card and all sorts of ID to be able to get in as I'd bought their tickets.

14 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

That's heartbreaking to read and introduced me to another thing to worry about until I'm in the gate ahah.

I hope they don't move away from paper tickets. These things are horrible but its life at the end of the day and this is a system that is basically fool proof (not mum proof, seemingly). I love using DICE and stuff for gigs but I don't take smart phones to festival's.

Unfortunately every year there is a horrible thread about someone losing one or postie getting wrong address to sign.

The mum will be saying well you should take responsibility for your own stuff .... she's tidied it away she'll find it in August...

Hope they find it horrible situation 

7 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I can't be the only one who text their Mum to make sure she knew where my ticket was?

In all seriousness why would anyone expect their mum dad brother sister etc to know where their ticket is . I put all my tickets in same place as soon as they arrive but I'm a bit obsessive about that.  Even when I was young would never have trusted mum or dad with stuff like that ??

Just now, crocodiles said:

In all seriousness why would anyone expect their mum dad brother sister etc to know where their ticket is . I put all my tickets in same place as soon as they arrive but I'm a bit obsessive about that.  Even when I was young would never have trusted mum or dad with stuff like that ??

Because I forgot to change my address on registration so it has been delivered to my family home, and she signed for it! In normal circumstances I would agree with you entirely! My Mum is definitely more trustworthy than me anyway.