Lost ticket

jaimebionic

18 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

I don't see why they have that policy. You just barcode entry. If you 'lose' your ticket and attempt to sell it on to another, it's a race to the gate. The same happens with camping in WV. x people per bar code - once it has been scanned x times, no more entry. There are so many reasons you could lose a ticket, no matter how hard you try. 

Some other festivals can invalidate the old barcode and issue a new one instead. Obviously those are all eticket based festivals, so the process is cheap and automated. With Glastonbury still having physical tickets it's a lot more hassle.

3 minutes ago, Sku said:

Some other festivals can invalidate the old barcode and issue a new one instead. Obviously those are all eticket based festivals, so the process is cheap and automated. With Glastonbury still having physical tickets it's a lot more hassle.

Hence why they should barcode. 

I managed to turn up on 2017 without our tickets (i Know you dont have to tell me!) 

I could produce receipt, ID, my father on facetime showing said tickets, and a whole host of everything else you can possibly think of.

Bottom line is they said no way you are getting in without tickets. 

I needed to drive back up North to get them (half way actually)

So I really hop you find them as if not you're not getting in.

20 minutes ago, Nim123 said:

I have lost my ticket as well. :( Does anyone have any experience of arriving without your ticket and talking to the ticket office to prove your identity?

yeah no chance

I lost my wrist mad one year, had my ticket . only relised when i went back to the car to get the rest of the beer. at the gate on the way out i noticed it had fallen off. spoke toa guy who told me to go to the tent on teh outside once i got there , showed them my ticket and everything and ID. they kept me there for 8 hours before finally letting me back in.

that was with a ticket, no chance without one, they have nothing there that will chow who has bought a  ticket and who hasn't.

3 minutes ago, Anarion said:

Don't know if there is one. I collect my ticket at the International Ticket Collection Cabin which is adjacent to Pedestrian Gate A.

Yeah it’s the same place. My See coach in 15 (I think) somehow didn’t have any tickets on it so we all had to go there show ID and be issued new tickets. No photos, it’s probably a collectors item.

still to this day have no idea who messed up but it was surprisingly quick to sort out as I was stressing it was going to take hours.

Just dipped into this nightmare thread & as I'm working at home had a quick check of my ticket stash - all is well on that front!

Do we know if friend's Mum will accept a posse of volunteer efesters into her house over the weekend to supercharge the search?

Edited by DesperateDad
Apostrophe!

42 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

Hence why they should barcode. 

That would simply be one more thing on the ticket that can be unique, it's already unique in several ways.

Your solution doesn't suddenly mean that the infrastructure is in place for one week every year or two on a farm in the sticks.

Just the provision of that would solve some problems which rarely happen, whilst creating all sorts of new and more expensive problems.

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That would simply be one more thing on the ticket that can be unique, it's already unique in several ways.

Your solution doesn't suddenly mean that the infrastructure is in place for one week every year or two on a farm in the sticks.

Just the provision of that would solve some problems which rarely happen, whilst creating all sorts of new and more expensive problems.

mmmkay 

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I constantly ask to see mine on the way down. 

As someone that managed to get all the way to the Heathrow turn off from Essex before spotting I'd picked up the passport of the wrong Son for our trip to New York, I will be getting the wife and both of our sons who are coming to Glastonbury to check I have all the tickets and the campervan ticket before we leave the house.  Twice. Each.

• Upvote 1