Milk Alternatives

DefLeppard

In previous years I've brought a box of cereal to Glasto and got fresh milk every morning. I won't let anything deny me my morning bran flakes... 

Anyway, my girlfriend is coming for the first time this year and she's lactose intolerant. Wondering if places sell refrigerated dairy-free milks? (preferably oat milk but also almond, soy, rice etc.)

I also actually now prefer oat milk with my cereal to normal milk so would also benefit from this.

11 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

In previous years I've brought a box of cereal to Glasto and got fresh milk every morning. I won't let anything deny me my morning bran flakes... 

Anyway, my girlfriend is coming for the first time this year and she's lactose intolerant. Wondering if places sell refrigerated dairy-free milks? (preferably oat milk but also almond, soy, rice etc.)

I also actually now prefer oat milk with my cereal to normal milk so would also benefit from this.

Perhaps take long life varieties and put in a bucket of cold water overnight?

14 minutes ago, FartSauce said:

Cider. 

That brings me onto another point... I'm much more of a beer and lager man. I know that ME supposedly favours cider and so doesn't put much effort behind varieties of beer and lager but sureeeeeeely there must be somewhere in the hoards of traders that serve something other than the official festival lager. 

Carlsberg is a slight upgrade from tuborg at least so that's something.

3 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

That brings me onto another point... I'm much more of a beer and lager man. I know that ME supposedly favours cider and so doesn't put much effort behind varieties of beer and lager but sureeeeeeely there must be somewhere in the hoards of traders that serve something other than the official festival lager. 

Carlsberg is a slight upgrade from tuborg at least so that's something.

Can't remember which bar it is but you can get Grimbergen on site. Lethal mind...

39 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

The co-op might be stocking dairy free milk. I don't know if there's any way of checking this, I think they're on twitter.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/bars/

"As always, Glastonbury Festival presents a myriad of bars across the site. With more venues than ever, you’ll never be far from your favourite tipple. Whether it’s real ale, a pint of local cider or a fabulous cocktail, you won’t be disappointed.

Firm favourites such as the Meeting Place, West Holts Bar, the Cockmill, Avalon Inn, the Park Bar and the Cornish Arms will be making a welcome return and are all stocked to the brim, ready for your arrival. Keep your eyes peeled for the unique Brew Bars dotted within the markets selling an alternative selection of craft ales and premium drinks, and the two dedicated Tennessee Whiskey Bars within the Meeting Place and Cockmill. These mini-bars will be serving cocktails or straight on the rocks (perhaps with a refreshing twist!).

This year we also welcome two new bars – The Taphouse (situated in Leftfield) and The Elephant Bar (near the Pyramid Stage). The Taphouse will be selling a thirst-quenching range of craft keg beers and real ales straight from cask, bringing great beer and tunes to the heart of the markets! The eye-catching Elephant Bar is a new venue not to be missed. Two giant elephants stand guard, whilst refreshing craft beer and DJ’s await those who dare to discover this bar’s secrets.

So to help you on your travels, why not visit one of the many bars at the end of your journey or at the Meeting Place to catch up with friends. The variety of bars is endless, find your favourite!"

Cheers! ?

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Corn flakes doused in irn bru.  Refreshing, Cleanses the mouth after a night of serious drinking and for the health conscious you can use the diet version. Also you don’t need to sugar the flakes.  Works with most cereals apart from coco pops. 

Dear god! After drinking? 

Wow oh wow.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Corn flakes doused in irn bru.  Refreshing, Cleanses the mouth after a night of serious drinking and for the health conscious you can use the diet version. Also you don’t need to sugar the flakes.  Works with most cereals apart from coco pops. 

Porridge?

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I read this as Mik Alternative and thought you wanted someone else to see other than Mik Artistik. 

Anyway, I'd imagine Coop would be your best bet, unless someone else knows better. 

Im so glad it wasnt just me! 

1 hour ago, DefLeppard said:

My first time so this might sound naive, but where does one get fresh milk in the mornings ?