Bar Crawl?

johnnypark

Hi All,

It's mine and 4 of my friends first Glastonbury this year, and we can't bloody wait! 

It's also my Birthday on the Wednesday and we thought that a good way to celebrate would be to try and do a bar crawl that covers the whole site. Does anyone have any recommended routes?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, that's going to be ace, I am so jealous, I remember my first time at Glasto and nothing prepares you for the wonders ahead

You won't be able to cover the whole site in one pub crawl, its just too big. I would just walk and see where you get to, have a beer, then head off in a random direction until you find another pub, they have been my favourite bar crawls cos you don't know where you are going and just find the next bar. And it's great fun trying to remember where you were the next day based on a few drunken snap shot memories. And eventually head South towards Park/SE corner/Stone Circle as the night goes on, that where the main night life is, you are never very far from a bar whichever direction you head

By the way, start at West Hots and the Brothers Bar, it will give you a headstart.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnnypark said:

Great stuff, thanks so much guys! (Apologies for the repeat thread). Heard good things about the Brothers Bar, so that definitely sounds like a decent start to me!

It will destroy you though, 7%+ strength fizzy fruit flavoured cider. If it is hot as well, then you are doomed. Many a night have we remembered nothing after a quick detor to the Brothers Bar. You have been warned!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chowie said:

A0879CCD-A737-41B5-B7B1-A3DD7A51E8A7.png

Good choices, that's still probably a good 3 mile trek, allowing for the involuntary veering from side to side when trying to stumble from bar to bar

... I probably wouldn't  bother with the Beat Hotel and Mandela Bar on your first night as they are quite far away from the other bars. But it also depends on where you are camping i suppose?

Edited by dingbat2

I actually can't remember if I've ever been to the Mandela Bar.  I don't think I have.  Nor the Solstice Bar (I don't know if I've heard of this never mind gone there!)  And agree the Beat Hotel is missable.   But seeing some of those names has made me tingly....Bimble Inn, Spike, Ridge and Furrow.... Personally I would include Strummerville for the ambiance though I know it's a trek (but not so much in good weather).  But there are so many, find your own favourites!

I think I’m my first year I tried to do that bar crawl, I think we got as far as the beat hotel starting from around gate C. You get distracted and end up having more than one in each, or stopping at other random bars.. basically you need some serious discipline to complete that course! But half the fun is the thought of actually doing it then it all goes to pot very quickly!

4 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

i think every year we plan a bar crawl on wednesday and every year we just end up staying in the first place we get to...

usually thats the Avalon Inn which is my very favorite bar on site by a long long way

Hi, are you me? 

18 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Can someone explain the obsession with the Brothers bar to me? It's just a stall that sells really nice cider? Am I missing something?

high ABV cider that's all different flavours and they have a big speaker playing crowd pleasing tunes if not a bit cheesy. Loads of people use it as a meeting place after the headliners before the SE corner but end up staying way too long. 

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think I’m my first year I tried to do that bar crawl, I think we got as far as the beat hotel starting from around gate C. You get distracted and end up having more than one in each, or stopping at other random bars.. basically you need some serious discipline to complete that course! But half the fun is the thought of actually doing it then it all goes to pot very quickly!

I might have a go at this bar crawl and just allow myself to be dragged to anything interesting.

I found a video of me and a friend in a tipi, sitting in a seance-style formation around a folk band who were playing to a few of us. No memory!

56 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

mmm...  calling it "really nice" i think is a bit of a stretch - sickly sweet syrup flavoured cider that does indeed get you proper fucked!

The first time I tasted Strawberry brothers I thought it was amazing. Had never tasted anything like it before.

But now I've tasted rekorderlig & kopparberg, brothers (as a flavoured cider) tastes really shit in comparison.

Not had it plain before. Might try that this year. Is it nice just as a normal cider without flavouring?

5 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

The first time I tasted Strawberry brothers I thought it was amazing. Had never tasted anything like it before.

But now I've tasted rekorderlig & kopparberg, brothers (as a flavoured cider) tastes really shit in comparison.

Not had it plain before. Might try that this year. Is it nice just as a normal cider without flavouring?

The normal festival strength one is the best in my opinion. Stronger than the rest too!