Train from Westbury

Simsy

We normally drive or coach, but we're getting the train this year. I'm expecting queues for the shuttle bus to/from Glasto, and queues at Castle Cary on the Monday, but does anyone know what it's like changing trains at Westbury on the way to the fest? I'm a bit worried that all the trains coming through to Castle Cary will already be full and we'll be stuck at Westbury for hours. We should be at Westbury soon after 10am on the Wednesday.

Only did this once, 2009!, and it was a few hours earlier on the Wednesday, but I remember it being surprisingly easy. Maybe trains that stop at Westbury and c.c. are frequent-stopping trains so not many peoples' first choice? Sorry can't be of much more help

There seems to be three trains between 10-11am* vs the usual 1 train in an hour on a normal Weds.  I imagine it shouldn’t be too bad - if you do end up waiting there’s a tiny cafe/shop on one of the platforms but not much else (the town centre is a schlep from the station).

*I imagine they are festival specials!

Edited by Sara_out_west