Out of office

mikegday

Even though I'm in for a few hours in the morning tomorrow, mine's on.

Following a few digital wellbeing talks I've been to at various conferences, I've said:

"I'm away until 9 July. Any emails sent until this date will be automatically archived, please resend on 9 July.

Contact team for any urgent queries."

I've set up a rule that reads and moves all emails to an archive folder. I'm deleting Outlook from my phone.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MJP said:

Even though I'm in for a few hours in the morning tomorrow, mine's on.

Following a few digital wellbeing talks I've been to at various conferences, I've said:

"I'm away until 9 July. Any emails sent until this date will be automatically archived, please resend on 9 July.

Contact team for any urgent queries."

I've set up a rule that reads and moves all emails to an archive folder. I'm deleting Outlook from my phone.

I'm putting together a case for our place to start trialling this approach (or even better, delete them). Post holiday email trawl is one of the most soul-destroying things I have to do here.

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm putting together a case for our place to start trialling this approach (or even better, delete them). Post holiday email trawl is one of the most soul-destroying things I have to do here.

It's shite having to do post-holiday emails. I had to delete some dodgy stuff about me either having a warm G+T in each hand or be convalescing with my parents, but think it'll be good to go back and hit the ground running again.