Out of office

mikegday

18 hours ago, jyoung said:

Mine goes on Tuesday night. It's not even something I'm looking forward to. It gives me awful anxiety knowing that I'm going to have a huge backlog when I get back.

Most of mine will get dealt with by others while I'm off.

My boss has a great technique though. He just deletes most of them. He figures it's either been sorted already, wasn't really that important in the first place, or if it is they'll get back in touch. 1 and 2 seems to cover most of them

Other half is about to turn his on too. I'm sure there was loads I was meant to do whilst he's at work and I'm at home... instead I'm sat out the back, making my way through our Glastonbury playlist and 'quality testing' these Punk cans. These blue skies are getting me giddy!!

My out of office kicked in at 5pm this evening and will stay switched on until Monday 8th July. I like my team and work but am very much looking forward to Glastonbury and some much needed R and R.

Got a bollocking in 2017 for setting my OoO to "Gone to Glastonbury Festival, will answer emails on my return".

So I've been a little more creative this year:-

Externals emails will get the standard "I'm out of the Office until 02-07-2019, please contact another member of the team for assistance".

Internal emails will get "I'm at '51 09 20.8N 2 35 10.9W' until 02-07-2019 - please contact another member of the team for assistance".

Go to work until 6PM Tuesday - OoO will be going on after lunch.