Out of office

mikegday

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Nor mine. 

Working Fri, Sat, Sun, Tue. 

Although that’s crappy, there is something about feeling that I’ve earned my Glastonbury...

Ben

It's actually not a bad thing. With a 2 year old tearing about. Work is the only place I can spend serious time looking at the forum. It is as you could say my safe space

My final Radiographer shift for two weeks happened on Tuesday. Spent yesterday training my liver and getting sunburnt at the cricket. Today, I have spent test-driving various bits of festival equipment. Mainly to see if the teeny-tiny kettle I bought carries enough water for two mugs of tea. *SPOILER ALERT* - It does.

C1C67754-52CA-48FF-88C7-E3FE2C9C9E1E.jpeg

1D5FCD66-E4E7-40A7-81DF-5F332776441E.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Gave serious thought to:

Hello, c**ts. I’m having a better time than you, creating memories that will be extra special because none of you are in them. If it’s an emergency, please call 1800-UR-MAMA

In the end I settled on:

Thanks for your email. I’m on leave until 9th July. In an emergency call head office.

Sigh. 

• Upvote 1

Was meant to be working till Tuesday. I'm now only in on Monday which means I get to watch both England games, hopefully they get the good weather too! Watching the Aussie game and hopefully having a bbq will most likely end up with me having a rough head and a 6 hour coach journey on the Wednesday! 

2 hours ago, AmyShambles said:

Mine is already written and set to automatically kick in at 12 on Tuesday. Still got tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday morning. Also signed up to do an Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday for some stupid reason, it is time and a half though so can I buy even more pints next week. 

Our Undergraduate Open Day is June 29th, so they've known since October that I will absolutely not be in attendance!!

• Upvote 1

I’ve also got tomorrow and Monday left at work, but I’ve curated and timed my out of office doodah and agonised over whether to mention Glastonbury or not. I’ve never mentioned it before, always just stated ‘leave’ or ‘holiday’, and it’s not at all relevant - it’s almost a little unprofessional in a clinical setting. Nobody needs to know what a non-available Discharge Co-ordinator on a Mental Health Ward is up to - they just need to know if they’re immediately contactable, or the details of their direct alternative. Beds to be cleared, housing to be organised, Consultants to be bothered, yada yada yada. 

Anyways: I mentioned Glastonbury ?? of course I did! hard to get through a sentence without in some way mentioning Glastonbury at the mo . . . 

16 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Nobody puts an out of office on at my work ? Everyone pretty much monitors their inboxes and forwards stuff on to colleagues (or responds if they can) So that’s gonna suck 

You mean you're expected to check your emails while you're on leave?  Fuck that!  It's a shame there's no signal in Pilton isn't it?

6 hours ago, Kizzie said:

I did something similar to that years ago and got disciplined for it. ?

Yep, I wouldn't be going back to my job if I did that. (now there's a thought)

Mine will be muted, and I will give full rein to the fields instead. Absolutely no one gets Glastonbury at work.

1 hour ago, yehbutnobut said:

Want to do it, but last time I turned on an out of office reply, fuck knows what happened but ended up bouncing literally hundreds of emails back and forth between my contacts... Couple years ago now but literally scared of turning it back on again.

Ha, in an old job, a colleague brought down the network by inadvertently copying a text file between all the servers. Best DDOS I've ever seen.