Vampire Weekend - another shot?

cheesey_toastie

What do you think the chances of another set somewhere of Vampire Weekend. I've promised my long suffering friend to go to see Albert Hammond and I'm sad I'm going to miss them.

I wonder if they are too big and too busy touring to do a secret set somewhere... anybody got a hint I might be wrong and pleasantly surprised?

11 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Highly unlikely sorry. You don't tend to see Pyramid sub headliners elsewhere as they want to maximise their pyramid crowd. 

Agreed. Just can' t see them elsewhere, I'm sorry to say. In addition to @gigpusher's observation, I'm just not sure I see them as your typical secret setters, anyway.

My only visit to the Pyramid all festival and I can't wait. I think they're going to be superb.

Ben

Vampire Weekend 2013, got inside the front barrier, my daughters 14th birthday, so snuck her in on the Sunday as a "12 year old". Not sure who was most surprised when the 20-something girl in front of us squatted down and pissed on the floor whilst continuing to talk to her friends. It was 6pm, broad daylight!!

Memories are made of this!!

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed. Just can' t see them elsewhere, I'm sorry to say. In addition to @gigpusher's observation, I'm just not sure I see them as your typical secret setters, anyway.

My only visit to the Pyramid all festival and I can't wait. I think they're going to be superb.

Ben

I know - it was to be my only Pyramid visit too. I love the new LP and the memories of dancing to them at previous Glastos...  

Oh well - I guess that's a ticket sold for their next UK tour then :) Enjoy the set! Maybe I'll stand at the back of the field and try to watch the first 15 mins. 

We made a vow to always go watch the heritage acts a few years back, just an annoying clash!

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

They actually might have been more likely to be now. Apparently Ezra had never been to Glastonbury other than to perform until they had their hiatus and he admitted he used to think it was just another festival but going as a punter himself has made him realise just what a special festival it is. 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Agree with this - they are probably the act I am most excited about the whole weekend,  I think it's going to be a memorable one.