Taxi's from Glastonbury Town/Wells Each Night

Scott T

Unfortunately we cannot camp for the festival so have accommodation in Yarley, can someone let me know how that taxi situation is at either Glastonbury Town or Wells is as we'll be shuttle bussing it to and from each day.

Thank you!

It sounds as if you're planning to get a taxi to B&W drop off point then get the shuttle bus in. That will take you quite a bit out of your way and add time to your journey. I would get a taxi to drop you off near to gate A and save you the shuttle bus. Taxi's do drop off (and pick up too it seems) from the lay-by at the bottom of lower  westholme road. That's a short walk to gate A and not much further than the walk from the shuttle bus.

This link from a local taxi co. explains it but it seems to be from a previous year, I have certainly seen taxis dropping off there in the past.

http://villagecabs.me/glastonbury-festival-taxi/

5 minutes ago, ArnoldRimmer said:

5 minutes ago, ArnoldRimmer said:

Can pre-arranged taxis from outside of Somerset use the taxi rank to collect us on Sunday night? Is the traffic management ok or would it be better to meet at showground collection point? 

I think this is one to ask the festival.  I've personally been "told" only "local" taxis can use the rank. What does "local" mean? I've taken it to mean Somerset.

As I say, all hearsay.  Best to ask the festival (please do tell us what they say)

Love the user name by the way ...

Edited by EasyUserName

7 hours ago, Scott T said:

Unfortunately we cannot camp for the festival so have accommodation in Yarley, can someone let me know how that taxi situation is at either Glastonbury Town or Wells is as we'll be shuttle bussing it to and from each day.

Thank you!

Assuming you don't have a car, then the taxi option to gate a is probably the best option. There are quite a few taxi firms in Wells and if you are planning to use them each day discussing a block booking for the week might see you get a discount and a bit of assurance they will wait for you at night. Two I've used in the past are

Wells Taxi's 01749 950005 or Wookey Taxis 01749 678039

Stay off site too and find getting a taxi in the morning is ok, but leaving at night can be a bit of a bun fight especially around 12-1am after the main headliners have finished. Even if you have booked a taxi sometimes others try to nip in and use it instead and some companies just and you can have a long wait for another to turn up. Hence suggestion of using the same company all week so you build up a bit of loyalty with the company

Alternatively if you do have a car I'd suggest looking at driving to Wells or Glastonbury and using the the Shuttle buses from there. The Wells service doesn't run for quite as long into the evenings so if you want to stop for a while after the headliners have finished go for the Glastonbury - last shuttle leaves the site at 2am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

Edited by phil the shrew

On 6/19/2019 at 9:15 PM, ArnoldRimmer said:

Can pre-arranged taxis from outside of Somerset use the taxi rank to collect us on Sunday night? Is the traffic management ok or would it be better to meet at showground collection point? 

Got a quick answer from the festival:

Only those taxi’s which have the correct pass will be able to use the taxi rank. We recommend making use of the Festivals drop and collect point. Shuttles will be running 24 hours during the course of the Festival after it opens at 12:01am on Wednesday June 26th, to 18:00 on Monday July 1st.