Best Food Places to Visit

StevieGed

Apologies if this is elsewhere and I’m rehashing an already existing thread, but does anyone on here have suggestions or preferences on the nicest bits of grub at the festival? I’ve never really seemed to notice where and what I eat as my minds elsewhere (of course!).

But any favourites or suggestions to try out at the festival would be appreciated, hopefully you all have a few gems that you advise on.

Edited by StevieGed

23 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

Although there is a food thread - someone mentioned Burger Bear are there and they're honestly the best burger I've ever had (although about £12 for the big one as I recall)

Think it was 7 quid in 2017. Its in Block 9 and it looks like theres an exit from there to the Avalon Field this year so maybe there an entrance too in non peak hours?

@Gnomicide any ideas?

That bit is where there's usually a fence that people gawp through during the day, wouldn't take much to shift it so people can go in and out during the day. I presume they'll have something a little more substantial this year. 

Also the 2019 Food thread has become so big that it’s hard to sift through what with a lot of it just being confirmed vendors etc so wouldn’t mind this thread existing purely as ‘best of’ kind of thing. Guilty for usually just going for the nicest looking place in my vicinity rather than seeking out the really good stuff.

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

Surely the SEC is the stupidest place to put a food stall?!

I find it frustrating the Cheese Truck is in the SEC as they do amazing cheese toasties but I am never in the mood to eat when I'm down there!

Goan Fish Curry by West Holts is great and I really liked the paella place near Other stage. Good lebanese place in the Park as well.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know there are a few pie places about the place but never in all my years have I been able to get a Balti pie on site (the Black Country lad in me lives on).

Any suggestions?

?

4 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

I find it frustrating the Cheese Truck is in the SEC as they do amazing cheese toasties but I am never in the mood to eat when I'm down there!

Goan Fish Curry by West Holts is great and I really liked the paella place near Other stage. Good lebanese place in the Park as well.

There's a second cheese truck at the very top of Big Ground near the Jesus tent. Well there was last time anyway...

I love le grande bouffe. Cheesy potatoes with garlic sausages cooked in wine.

Seems to be a bit of a marmite thing as i know I'm not the only fan of it, but you also get a lot of people saying it's overrated.

I also like the falafel place that's vaguely near Avalon. Can't remember exact name or location so prob not the most helpful contribution to thread 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Think it was 7 quid in 2017. Its in Block 9 and it looks like theres an exit from there to the Avalon Field this year so maybe there an entrance too in non peak hours?

@Gnomicide any ideas?

Have only ever been to the shop in east London and a pub in south london.. probably why they were £12! bloody lovely though, although agreed I wouldn't be touching food any time after about 3pm esp in the SE corner!