Improvements you hope they've made in the fallow year?

glastoman1

3 hours ago, rosieangel said:

Otherwise, improvements wise I concur to more woodchippings - perhaps around the loos which always get so muddy (though perhaps a futile task)

Perhaps some woodchippings around the taps at the campsites. They tend to become a swamp after a couple of days. 

3 hours ago, lukemack said:

More wood chippings/bark down in places they know will get muddy before it starts to actually get muddy.

Ah yes forgot this one! Considering how dangerous some areas of the site are I can't believe they don't do this more

More taps in campsites, there's enormous queues for them in the morning.

Would like to see more dogs and poss cats around the site in general. Most years I see literally none and it would obviously make the festival much better if we had lots of Good Bois about.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Would like to see more dogs and poss cats around the site in general. Most years I see literally none and it would obviously make the festival much better if we had lots of Good Bois about.

the licence excludes dogs (not sure about cats).

Years ago a blind friend of mine was a theatre field performer, but he had to give it up because they wouldn't accept his non-official guide dog. :( 

An old friend of mine took his litter of kittens one year (might have been 1989).

Two things I can think of:

1) Widen the gap at the top of the pyramid field where it joins the field behind Mandela bar. Nearly died there trying to get into headliners twice. Lots of people getting pushed up against the fence and crushed.

2) Either stop putting entertainment on on the WEdnesday and Thursday or increase the capacity massively. Right now you have 100,000 people on site from the Wednesday and entertainment in tents like Stonebridge and Williams Green which just results on massive crushes and lots of disappointed people.

It really is an incredibly well organised event though. Most of the things in this thread are niggles.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

1) Widen the gap at the top of the pyramid field where it joins the field behind Mandela bar. Nearly died there trying to get into headliners twice. Lots of people getting pushed up against the fence and crushed.

100% this 

1) Publish the Festival brochure online as a PDF a few days before the gates open 

2) Include a tear off voucher for the printed brochure so you can pick one up at any time and it doesn't get trashed if wet

3) Publish a map of all the food stalls and let them "advertise" what they are offering

4) Put up a 'Dossers Tent' so fewer people need to bring a (disposable) tent

5) Increase percentage of Coach tickets and provide a way for heavy tent/luggage to be sent in advance and picked up from a nominated lockup

6) Give Camplight a decent area inside the fence

7) Give everyone a free Gazebo as they come through the gate

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

More taps in campsites, there's enormous queues for them in the morning.

I'd go for this. Maybe even just a stall somewhere in the healing fields. My mum takes her Golden Retriever in to hospitals, schools etc for Pets As Therapy. I bet there are a lot of people that wouldn't mind a reassuring nuzzle and a few "who's a good boy"s by Sunday morning. Could be a good fund raiser.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the licence excludes dogs (not sure about cats).

Years ago a blind friend of mine was a theatre field performer, but he had to give it up because they wouldn't accept his non-official guide dog. :( 

An old friend of mine took his litter of kittens one year (might have been 1989).

There was (still is?) an old dude in the Healing Fields I think who was selling various wooden carvings - he let us all sit at this giant wooden table - and I recall in 2008 he had a big ginger cat who was just sat there chilling in the sunshine.  I went back to see him a few years later to but he'd gone to cat heaven :( and hadn't been replaced.

5 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

I'd go for this. Maybe even just a stall somewhere in the healing fields. My mum takes her Golden Retriever in to hospitals, schools etc for Pets As Therapy. I bet there are a lot of people that wouldn't mind a reassuring nuzzle and a few "who's a good boy"s by Sunday morning. Could be a good fund raiser.

I'm fairly canine phobic, so I'm delighted that they're not allowed on site. I always get a shot of adrenaline when I see one in the distance. All teeth and barking and turds. Jumping up with claws and saliva. Urgh.

5 hours ago, bombfrog said:

1) Widen the gap at the top of the pyramid field where it joins the field behind Mandela bar. Nearly died there trying to get into headliners twice. Lots of people getting pushed up against the fence 

This. Think it was 2016 when I was in a crush after Madness I think? There was an ice cream van near the green fencing and a couple of fellas resorted to climbing on top to get through the crowd.

For me I'd like to see more toilets and a couple of food vendors up in the northern (? Gate A) camping areas. You'd think there would be more considering people coming in by coach dont tend to bring masses of food.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm fairly canine phobic, so I'm delighted that they're not allowed on site. I always get a shot of adrenaline when I see one in the distance. All teeth and barking and turds. Jumping up with claws and saliva. Urgh.

we could never get married 

1 hour ago, Watergirl said:

A one way system for going in and out of the Pyramid pit when it gets busy (from 16:00 or so?). I hope I am wrong, but that crush at the changeover between bigger bands is an accident waiting to happen.

They should use a similar set up to Rock Werchter. There are 2 inner pits. Both with turnstiles and a separate exit. Green sign if space or red if full. So you queue to get in the outer pit where you can stay or queue to get in the inner pit. Never overcrowded and clear flow of traffic out a different exit

11 hours ago, Woffy said:

Better weather.

In seriousness, what Quark said:

The back of the Other is always a complete shitshow as the day goes on.

I’ve never understood why there’s not a block of toilets at the back going towards the Glade. 

Means that the block at the opposite side at the back of the only toilets for that entire field (not counting the ones right by the entrance to Silver Hayes)